BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this great video which shows the true power of F1 cars when compared to road cars. The main drawback: it's filled with Mercedes cars. The video is about 7 megs and features an A160, E55, and David Coulthard in the West McLaren F1 car in a race. It's truly hilarious to watch.
My problem.. I don't have any web hosting priviledges, so can anyone host this video for everyone to see?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK... I found out how to get priviledges on the web server (e.g. irritate the webmaster enough) so I posted a few of my most recent favorite videos. NB: None have to do with the M5 itself, because I think we have already exhausted those movies. But, they are still quite interesting to watch. Tell me what you think.

Three MPGs

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks for the videos!

#2 and #3 are cool to watch, but the first one (McLaren F1 vs. Toyota Supra) won't run... keeps giving me an "application error". ...could be my computer though! (Windows really sucks!)

·
Registered
183 Posts
wow!!!!!!!1
the first video really kicks ***!!!!

the mclaren really kicked that moded supra..
heheh wow

i still try to count by how many car lengths

40-50?
:)eheheh

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it's pretty crazy how quickly the F1 just pulls on the Supra.. as if it were standing still. They say that the McLaren might be the fastest car that will ever be built... makes you wonder.

0-60 in 3.2 seconds!! What a beautiful BMW V-12 engine.. and I'm sure the carbon fiber body helps as well.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Russ, download the latest Window Media Player from Microsoft. Mine ran fine.

Originally posted by Russ:
Thanks for the videos!

#2 and #3 are cool to watch, but the first one (McLaren F1 vs. Toyota Supra) won't run... keeps giving me an "application error". ...could be my computer though! (Windows really sucks!)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Video 1: WOWWWW!

Video 2: It would be more interesting with BMWs anyways

Video 3: quite sad to see how badly treated that 456GT gets...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks that Merc/F1 thingy was totally set up? As hard as it was to believe the E55 couldn't catch up to the 1.6 liter A-class, it was really cheesey seeing the AMG over take the four banger in the last moment of the race when the F1 car just happened to pass them both....oh well, maybe I'm just a cynic.

·
Registered
301 Posts
the lap times for each car were measured and then the start times staggered so they would all cross the finish at the same time...

F1 Racing magazine covered it in july '97

and it was and E50 not E55. Just got me thinking how much difference 1/2 a litre would make against the slick vs. grooved times of the MP4-12

hmmm...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts