BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought my first M5 - but it won't be ready for me for another 2 weeks (a painful wait). Its previous owner fitted it with a Remus Exhaust. Does anyone have any experience with a similar system?? Any major differences to stock??

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
If its a black '99 model, I know the previous owner (Aidan C) and he was a FECKIN LUNATIC, just kidding(actually I think he's a member here too)

I've heard that particular exhaust and to be honest (didn't tell him at the time mind) it wasn't really much louder than mine (stock), seemingly when warmed up is when you'll best notice the more sporty note.

why the long wait, was there something wrong with it ?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
the remus exaust is a quality piece but as has been stated, its not that much louder than the oem setup under most situations. There should be very little reason to need to pull it off, but you may personally want to.

adding the Supersprint Xpipe makes it sound very much like the B&B Tri-flo without the Xpipe.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the very same Carbon Black 99 that was owned by 'The Jeweller' - Small World. The reason for the delay is my current car won't be taken off my hands by its new owner for 2 weeks.
I tried e-mailing Aidan to get a bit of history on the car - do you know much about it?? A good buy??

Thanks

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congrats & welcome Paul - I'd like to see some pics of the Remus exhaust once you get it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a Romulus exhaust on my Porsche - I understand that Romulus is a high end Remus system made by Remus. Anyway, it was great - sounded great and looked good too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts