BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upon reflection, I think that those with Avus Blue M5's are lucky because of the relatively limited run...

Would still like to see Avus and Le Mans side by side...

·
Registered
999 Posts
Thanks! I feel lucky too. Now if I could just find out OFFICIAL numbers for how many were made...

I just got back from the Miami auto show and they had Lemans Blue. To be honest, my whole family and office friends said "hey - there's Rick's car". They could not beleive it was a different color! I'd say it would be real close, with Lemans being just a shade darker.

(I should be pretty good with blue now as I have had Montreal, Biarritz, and now Avus!)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Originally posted by Aussie2U:
Thanks! I feel lucky too. Now if I could just find out OFFICIAL numbers for how many were made...

I just got back from the Miami auto show and they had Lemans Blue. To be honest, my whole family and office friends said "hey - there's Rick's car". They could not beleive it was a different color! I'd say it would be real close, with Lemans being just a shade darker.

(I should be pretty good with blue now as I have had Montreal, Biarritz, and now Avus!)
There you go!! How about Midnight Blue, Topaz Blue, Estoril Blue, Orient Blue.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My sister's 318ti is Alaska Blue....yet another choice for all the blue fiends out there.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Alpywhite,
suddenly i felt so much happier today after reading your comment about limited run of avus blue M5's, as the one i drive is of that colour

I think it is the best colour for M5 by far, it looks so different and fresh, other colours being too common (silver, black) or being standard colours for 5 series.
i know your special relation with white
I think it is rather original, maybe too plain though for M5

------------------
SL

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My reasoning for opting for Alpine White was that:

- EVERYBODY up here is getting a variation of silver or black

- IMHO the perennial M-colors have been black, white and red...have had enough black cars (elbow grease)...red tough to sell

- I always thought white cars looked sporty...like 911's...JMHO...

If I had to do it all over again? Hmmm...
- Oxford Green
- Jet Black
- Maybe Royal Red

Alps

·
Registered
417 Posts
I've heard Oxford Green is no longer offered as a standard color for the M5. So you might go for the black....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts