BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery 2/1/08. 2100 miles by 2/7/08. Now the odometer is at 5400.

All the mods are in my signature. I just installed the painted reflectors today.. they were painted sapphire black by a BMW dealer in FL.

Some pictures of the benz..

Reactions: Gustav

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:lightbulb:... and yes the picture are ****ty, i'm fully aware.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Its what's in the pics that count. Looks great, I'm jealous, I think your Angel Eyes look better than mine! What brand are you running?

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its what's in the pics that count. Looks great, I'm jealous, I think your Angel Eyes look better than mine! What brand are you running?
I have a 2008 so they are just white bulbs from angel-i-bright. You can get the same bulb elsewhere for cheaper like BD997 did. I think they are called GP Thunder's.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Thank you for the pictures!

Now that is a nice collection of cars!

Also, great addition to insert painted plastic instead of the ugly yellow side marker. Who makes them and where did you order them?
And the grille, where did you get that?

Again, nice cars, very clean and no bling.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
lookin good! keep the mods comin!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you for the pictures!

Now that is a nice collection of cars!

Also, great addition to insert painted plastic instead of the ugly yellow side marker. Who makes them and where did you order them?
And the grille, where did you get that?

Again, nice cars, very clean and no bling.
I had the set of front reflectors ordered from a bmw dealer in FL. They sent them to a bodyshop to get color matched to my paint and then shipped them to me.

The grille.. I ordered from Mod Bargains. The side gills I ordered from Turner Motorsport.

Thanks for the complement. I felt like the chrome side gills, and front grills were too much bling for the car.. I even ordered a black m5 badge but the adhesive wasn't set on the badge properly and it's falling off.. Not sure what i'm going to do now. I have a stock badge but I don't think I can paint over it. You can't paint over chrome, right?

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
lookin good! keep the mods comin!
Thanks man.

-How do you like the Dinan Exhaust? How much louder over the stock exhaust?
-Who makes 30% tint? 3M? I have 20%.. might need to make it lighter because right now my car is getting too much attention from the cops.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks for the complement. I felt like the chrome side gills, and front grills were too much bling for the car.. I even ordered a black m5 badge but the adhesive wasn't set on the badge properly and it's falling off.. Not sure what i'm going to do now. I have a stock badge but I don't think I can paint over it. You can't paint over chrome, right?
I had heard from other board members the aftermarket black 'M5' badge was always falling off. I have just ordered a OEM badge and I am taking it to my body shop to see if they can paint it black. They feel like with the proper prep work, this should be no problem.
BTW, cars look great:cheers:

Ryan

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had heard from other board members the aftermarket black 'M5' badge was always falling off. I have just ordered a OEM badge and I am taking it to my body shop to see if they can paint it black. They feel like with the proper prep work, this should be no problem.
BTW, cars look great:cheers:

Ryan
Yeah.. I know what you're talking about.

Mod Bargains: I ordered c/f side grills and had that problem. BUT my brother ordered matte black side gills and did NOT have that problem.

This is why I returned mine and made a 2nd purchase from turner motorsport for the same item. The side gills from turner motorsport were fine.

In the end though, it will cost you less to paint them rather than buying another set. I lease my car so I need all my OEM parts to reinstall before I return it in 2010

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Thanks for the nite shots, we need day shots now.

BTW, go easy with ArmorAll, you can see the ArmorAll on the fender liner, probably from overloading the tire with it and it flying off the tire as you drive. If you can, go without the ArmorAll and instead wash your car weekly. IMHO, no ArmorAll looks better.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Reactions: avlnch

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll post a few daytime pictures soon..

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Daytime Pictures

The car is a little dirty.. but still shines. Tint's make the car..I had it done in NYC. 50th street off of the west side hwy. It's called the art of tint http://www.theartoftint.com - The tints go up to the bevel on all windows and I can't find one imperfection..

Apparently a lot of people from the board have been there and the owner of the place (Tom) wanted to say thanks for the good feedback :cheers:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
black looks so menacing... you should tint the red portion of your rear tails...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts