BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Avin Headunit

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  roseng 
#1 ·
Well i had the ol tail light seal leak Wipeout my amps and audi in my trunk. So while I get that fixed I wanted to get my head unit replaced at the same time for something more modern. I've only seen a few threads about the Avin Android screen for the E63 M6. I am wanting to get one and have it installed, yet the reviews I've found through here and the internet do not seem to be the best. My BMW mechanic has the Dinavin model, which he says are pretty much the same, and he says there are a few glitches here and there, but its nice. I was wanting to find someone thats used or installed the Avin unit and get there personal take on it? This is the unit im looking at.
Thanks.
-TcFII

#2 ·
I had a avin unit for my e53 x5. I had cheaper eBay Android units before I replaced it with the AVIN.

AVIN have much better build quality, the plastics feel more oem versus the cheaper eBay units.

AVIN is better packaged together and their software rom is better and has a more oem look to it.

if I didn’t have CIC already I would definitely get the AVIN. You really get what you pay for.

#4 ·
All Android heads require the BMW CCC system to be working for any audio to work.

Reactions: terry.c.frederick
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.