BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Avin Avant 4 - Custom Wiring Help?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  olegd88 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Who has installed Avin Avant 4 with custom amp without running the 6M cable to the rear?

I recently purchased a Avin Avant 4 and looking to install it and I am looking for wiring diagrams.

Avin literally replied and say they do not have them!!

Years ago I ripped out all the original audio and replaced with JL amps, speakers, and a pioneer headunit. So I have all of that wiring already setup. The only thing I need to know where to connect as far as I know is ibus and canbus signals? Speed sensor? Maybe I am forgetting something else.

For this reason I didn't buy the 6 meter cable to go from headunit to rear because I don't wan't to take the whole car apart again.

Who has connected it this way? I got the resler ibus with it to use with the app. Looking forward to restoring the OBC functionality after 9 years of my already dated Pioneer Z130BT

#2 ·
Ok, so if I understand correctly, you've ALREADY run the Pioneer wiring harness to the trunk where it mates up with the factory harness, correct? And now you want to cut the Pioneer end off of that and splice in the Avin harness instead? Leads to two questions, which year is your car, and do you have the wiring diagram from the Pioneer to reference? Should be possible, sure, but you're going to need to sort out which of your Pioneer wires are +12V, ground, each speaker, canbus, lights, steering wheel controls, etc. and then connect them to the right Avin cables. If it were ME, to avoid similar problems in the future, I'd use a big multi-terminal connector (and make a drawing with each wire LABELED) so that you can easily disconnect the Avid head unit for later removal and/or swap in a different unit at a later date. Something like this, though I'm sure there are other similar options:
And here's a link to the M5 wiring diagrams to help you sort out which factory wires go where:

#3 ·
Yes, except I didn't need to run anything to the stock harness in the trunk to connect the Pioneer headunit. The only thing I have running to the rear is 3xRCA (front, rear, sub) + amp activation wire. The rest of the wires I was able to connect using the wires available in the dash.

I don't have an issue with the standard wires that would be in the Pioneer. (Ignition, Accessory, Illumination, Backup cam, I have a steering wheel button adapter so not sure if that is Canbus or ibus?) ... basically I am almost certain all the necessary connection are available in the dash, or nearby to tap into without running the whole harness to the rear. I am just not sure what BMW specific connections are necessary for the AVIN to work correctly with the Ibus/Canbus integration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.