BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have Yokohamma Advan Sports on my 21" Hartge Classic II wheels and my rear tires are shot after 7,000 miles! The fronts have about 50% tread left, but I need to replace the rears this week.

I have a lot of negative camber dialed in (-1.2) on the rear wheels to avoid rubbing issues in the fenders. That certainly has led to excessive wear on the inside of the rear tires. Not much I can do about it.

I'm going to get another pair of the Yokohamas for the rears, but when those wear out (probably another 7-8K miles) I'll probably switch over to PS2's.

Curious to know what others with 21" wheels are getting out of their tires.

·
Registered
448 Posts
My contis have done 13,000k 50% gone and i have driven quietly. On my e39 M5 I got 55,000k out of PS2's. I am sure they will be better.

Cheers
Dallas

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I got approx 16000 kilometers(9942 miles) on conti's. Fitted Michellins and will let you on the mileage on them.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have conti's with 9000miles, just measured and i'm down 25% in the rear tires.

·
Registered
856 Posts
15000 miles on conti's - need new rears bad, front should be good for another 15000 miles.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
8500 miles and just replaced the rear Conti's. To say they were bald would be an understatement. Fronts have 50% left.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not tires obviously.:1:
plus

Correct I was never one to do burn outs, and most of those miles has been NY to Florida trips real easy on the tires. Also 5 track days between Summit Pt. and Lime Rock with Dinan stage 2 suspension which is also easy on the tires.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have Yokohamma Advan Sports on my 21" Hartge Classic II wheels and my rear tires are shot after 7,000 miles! The fronts have about 50% tread left, but I need to replace the rears this week.

I have a lot of negative camber dialed in (-1.2) on the rear wheels to avoid rubbing issues in the fenders. That certainly has led to excessive wear on the inside of the rear tires. Not much I can do about it.

I'm going to get another pair of the Yokohamas for the rears, but when those wear out (probably another 7-8K miles) I'll probably switch over to PS2's.

Curious to know what others with 21" wheels are getting out of their tires.

the negative camber is a bit agressive, but you may want to check your toe - if you have much of any, you'll really accerate tire wear. you'll loose a bit if high speed stability, and may get a bit more squirming on hard acceleration by going to zero toe, but turn in may be a bit better.

i ran -1.5 in the rear on my M3, and got 25K miles with 6 track events before it was time to replace.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
I drive the car hard - not like a maniac, but I definitely drive the car like it was meant to be driven. I don't do a lot of stupid burnouts and doughnuts, but I do a few, along with some drifting around turns, usually in the wet. Mostly hard acceleration and cornering, and VERY easy on the brakes. My Conti's are reserved for the dragstrip and road courses, so not fair...

I'm almost through my second set of PS2's and have another season on my second set of snow tires. My PS2's have lasted over 15,000 miles rear, 20,000 miles front. If you're not getting at least that mileage, then check your alignment, or you must be beating the &*#! out of the car.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I posted on a similar thread a few months ago. I drive the car extremely hard my rear contis were worn in about 5,000 miles. I don't do drifting or burnouts or anything crazy like that, just some real hard driving.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I posted on a similar thread a few months ago. I drive the car extremely hard my rear contis were worn in about 5,000 miles. I don't do drifting or burnouts or anything crazy like that, just some real hard driving.
Nice quote from one of my all time favorite movies. :haha:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts