BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 X3 M - Donington Silver - Adelaide Grey
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know? IMHO, Alcantara seats would be especially nice option on the M5/M6.

Also, anyone here going for Individual M5/M6 besides Ashok?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I asked my dealer about the availability of M Texture Alcantara seats in the M5. I love them in my M3 - very grippy, cooler in summer, warmer in winter and a nice change from the standard M3 leather interior.

I was told by my dealer that the M Texture Alcantara was not available in the M5. I decided not to pursue it because I do like the idea of the ventilated seats with the perforated leather getting me to the same place - very grippy, cooler in summer, etc.

If you push hard enough, you can get your seats covered in whatever material you like. I just didn't feel like pushing on this one.

Best regards,

·
Registered
766 Posts
I thought the general consensus was that in the US the indivdual program was at least a year away?

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
It is possible but will cost thousands extra and take more time. Ask your dealer to pursue this with BMWNA and Individual in Germany. It will have to be a special order item so get a price quote beforehand.

Be aware also that your dealer may require a much higher deposit since they may not be able to sell the car as easily if you cancel for any reason.

·
Registered
2020 X3 M - Donington Silver - Adelaide Grey
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the quick replies. Is carbon fibre interior available on the M5 (as it is on the M6)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts