BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a look for a post on this but there's nothing specific.

I have an 01 M5 with factory TV. Where's the AV input?

There's a post that mentions the white connector that goes into tuner box in the boot. Is this a good place to look?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Hi Mate,

Welcome to the board.

i bought mine from here, but bought only the TV IN MOTION cable, without the AV cable - do both is my recommendation. Quality is good, and takes 2-3 mins to install, easy!

http://www.mobilecentre.co.uk/tvinmotion2.html

All i can say is dont expect much from the tv whilst driving, due to the aerial constantly moving with the car, reception is poor. I'm gonna look at getting a DVD player installed so i can at least entertain passengers with something other than a poor signal tv!!

Speak soon
Piers

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the AV cable go in-circuit with the white multipin connector that plugs into the tuner box in the boot?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Paying that uch is simply too much if you can work a bit your self. E-mail me and I can mail you a compleete diagram of the pin connectors. It is ssssoooooo easy to it your self.

I paid 210$ for a dvd player and the plug need. All you have to is find the wires that goes to your tv and badadoom its working all the time. ouich

·
Registered
146 Posts
Folks,

Thanks to the board :byee55amg, I've found the trick to enable my TV to function while on the move (MKII computer, MY '99) and it worked perfectly :) Thanks a million - my kids love the cartoons on the way to school.

Now, on further "messing" with tuning the TV, there is an "AV" channel that is displayed if you cycle through all channels. Presumably, there is an AV input somewhere to the TV tuner (or NAV computer?). Does anyone know where it is (or do I have to buy a special cable - which doesn't make sense since I already have the TV tuner)?

Thanks for any input :byebye:

Regards,

Gary.

·
Registered
92 Posts
grp said:
Folks,

Thanks to the board :byee55amg, I've found the trick to enable my TV to function while on the move (MKII computer, MY '99) and it worked perfectly :) Thanks a million - my kids love the cartoons on the way to school.

Now, on further "messing" with tuning the TV, there is an "AV" channel that is displayed if you cycle through all channels. Presumably, there is an AV input somewhere to the TV tuner (or NAV computer?). Does anyone know where it is (or do I have to buy a special cable - which doesn't make sense since I already have the TV tuner)?

Thanks for any input :byebye:

Regards,

Gary.
Gary. What is your mail adress? I have a compleete drawing over the av input annd output on this car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts