BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
do we have aux/usb output on our center armest to hook up iphone/ipod cable ? i can't seem to find it

·
Banned
194 Posts
it was a option not all have it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
You would see it from the back seat if you had it. I bought my 2007, and had heard that some had one and some did not, and was disappointed that I couldn't find it. Then one day a couple days later, when looking in the back seat, I saw it there in the center console! It was a pleasant surprise. So, depending on where you have been looking, you may or may not have it. It is in plain site in the back though.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
08+ models should have a aux/usb inside the center arm rest. There is also a USB cable that BMW provides to interface w/ the ipod.

for 06/07 models, usually they are behind the center arm rest where rear passengers adjust the air vents in the middle. But i think some have it, some don't, depending on the cars options.

·
Registered
117 Posts
08+ models should have a aux/usb inside the center arm rest. There is also a USB cable that BMW provides to interface w/ the ipod.

for 06/07 models, usually they are behind the center arm rest where rear passengers adjust the air vents in the middle. But i think some have it, some don't, depending on the cars options.

I have a 06 and have been looking for the aux plug, never thought of checking the back.
Will do that later.

Thanks for heads up.
:cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone know how easy/if possible it is to install a usb port into the car? I just recently purchased a 2007. It has the audio jack, but I much prefer the usb connection. I'll be doing some independent asking around the S. Cali area to find out. Will post my findings

·
Registered
983 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that the Auxiliary port wasn't available until 2007, and that it was an option in 2007, but not 100% on that. Anybody with an '06 have the factory Auxiliary port?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have an 06 and just recently noticed the factory aux port...Im having a problem tho...I bought both the normal and mini connection to connect my ipod and for some reason both sizes seem not to fit...Almost as if the hole is too small or even jammed.. Anyone else have this problem?

84 Posts
Mine came with one, if you can't just buy it off ebay.

·
Registered
151 Posts
There was a thread about the aux input in '06 model year cars a while ago:

Aux Jack on 2006 - The Unofficial BMW M5 Messageboard (m5board.com)

There are a few ways to integrate an aux input/ ipod cable into the cars built before the 1/8" jack on the backside of the center console was installed at the factory (which stared with the '07 model year IIRC).

Hope this helps

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an 06 and just recently noticed the factory aux port...Im having a problem tho...I bought both the normal and mini connection to connect my ipod and for some reason both sizes seem not to fit...Almost as if the hole is too small or even jammed.. Anyone else have this problem?
Theres a little plastic cover, or dooe, that protects the USB port. It's a little tricky to open the door and get the plug in, took two hands and a few tries for me.

·
Registered
661 Posts
What if you were to do the CIC retrofit would you still need the dension being that the new idrive comes with a USB port?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Theres a little plastic cover, or dooe, that protects the USB port. It's a little tricky to open the door and get the plug in, took two hands and a few tries for me.
So I have to pop something out of the plug to make the hole bigger? It doesnt seem like theres a cover, but I havent really examined it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
So I have to pop something out of the plug to make the hole bigger? It doesnt seem like theres a cover, but I havent really examined it.

It's a small spring loaded door that has to slide down (on my '08 anyways). It's the same size as the USB hole, so you won't notice it easily. Like SpeedyRocks says, it's a little tricky. I have found that if I put it against the plastic at the top, and then move it down while pushing in, I can do it with one hand to get the door to push down while pushing the USB plug in. But it's tricky.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yeah make sure you have the USB connector on the right side up. It can be tricky and is a poor design flaw from BMW. The new F10's eliminated this but they added a dumb car cig. adapter on top and make the closing of the center console impossible. I will never get interior design sometimes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts