BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10/02 build. Am putting in an XM and would like to forgo the FM modulator route. Don't want to take the radio out unless I know the Aux in is back there. Thanks in advance. PS didn't find the answer with a search entering Auxillary input. (I'm new here, sorry if such a basic question annoys the forum).

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm not positive, but I doubt there will just be an aux in on the back of the nav unit. I belive it's a part you can purchase to easily add an aux in.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge on the subjuct will chime in soon.

Consider yourself lucky you can add an aux input! I have an `01:grrrrr:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Part number 82 11 0 149 391

Plugs into jack in back of 09/02 or newer headunit.
About $35-40.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

About $35-40.
I have an intravee II attached to the 3 and 6 pin plugs from the CD changers as an interface for the Alpine iPod adapter. Can the Aux in be installed at the same time as well? Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
yes, because when you access the ipod its via cdchanger. This Aux input is a seperate selection that comes up (when installed) and you will see "AUX" when you press the mode button, after CDC and. Its a great source for audio if you ever attach a portable dvd player or DVD player in general.

See below

Hope this helps.

*Photo courtesy of M5 Fever

·
Registered
49 Posts

About $35-40.
Where have you found it for $35-40? On bimmernav.com they want $75...

Also my beast is 06/02 - does that mean i'm S.O.L. for this mod (which would be sad)?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Where have you found it for $35-40? On bimmernav.com they want $75...

Also my beast is 06/02 - does that mean i'm S.O.L. for this mod (which would be sad)?
Bavauto is one as mentioned, sometimes the $tealer has it for $35-40 as well so check with them too.

Did your m5 come with dvd nav? I read it was 9/02 build and newer that had the aux input option as well as DVD nav (opposed to CD nav)

Neil

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have MK3 nav - so CD based, but w/ the 16x9 screen, split screen nav, etc. It's running the most current software revision (but for the MK3).

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I have MK3 nav - so CD based, but w/ the 16x9 screen, split screen nav, etc. It's running the most current software revision (but for the MK3).
1999 (EURO) and MY2000 had the 4:3? or "smaller" size head unit. 16:9 was standard on all 2001 and newer models albeit with the cd (Mk III) based navigation unit. In 2001-2002 BMW changed suppliers for the radio units and from what I understand this allowed Aux input, Sirius Satellite Radio and MP3 Audiotext.

9.2002 and forward came with Mk IV DVD nav unit and the updated radio (in back) but note the head unit looks identical to previous model 16:9 head units.

Not exactly the news you want to read- but no sense in wasting dollars on something that wouldnt work as expexted- ie plug and play style.

·
Registered
683 Posts
www.circlebmw.com for $31.96 plus shipping. Their web site checkout page is not secure though (no https) so you should choose the option to have them call you for credit card info.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts