BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)


Its not scanned by me, so dont blame me for the quality so I dont know any details. All I know is that the M6 won the compro, they said if you´re looking for a usable super car, the M6 is the best choice.

The M6 seem to be fastest car. I dont kow if I see correct though...

M6 / CLS 55
0-100km/h 4.6 sec 4.8 sec
0-200km/h 14.1 sec 15.7 sec

100-160km/h 5.0 sec 5.5 sec

EDIT: Not translated by me

Extreme is a word that fits all three of these cars, only their potential rectifies the term. The Maserati scores with its spacious and stylish interior. It also has a good steering precision and excellent confident brakes. It gives you enough confidence so you can gently use the full potential of its beautiful engine. The Italian loses some points due to the optional and also the cambiocorsa gearbox is not so fast and less smooth than the one in the M6. The BMW wins despite its higher price and its controversial looks. The M6 isn't just extremely fast but its potential can also be used completely thanks to the SMG gearbox which does a great job in both the automatic and hardcore position. Thanks to its great suspension and very precize steering you can do virtually everything with this M6 from driving clean lines to extreme powerslides. A technical msterpiece with a great V10 that validates its higher price compared to its competitors. Another plus is that the car has enough room and is suitable for all day use.
Final thoughts and the second place go to the car that succeded in changing sceptism to admiration. Its powerful, high torque and beautiful sounding kompressor V8 and the great suspension mocks the laws of fysics, they make it faster than the Maserati and only a bit slower than the M6. More weight, a lot of luxury and foor doors without loosing any dynamics? I could hardly believ it until I went faster than I thought on the Nordschleife and almost didn't have enough brakes. This was due to the Mercedes and due to myself. I could not focus (same as the Mercedes engineers during the development) on going extremely fast. The guys of the M devision could and they got it all sharp!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
546 Posts
Funny haw the CLS is paired the M6 since it`s 4 door and not really a coupe. Always good to hear the M6 won a comparo.

I love this part:

"I could not focus (same as the Mercedes engineers during the development) on going extremely fast. The guys of the M devision could and they got it all sharp!"

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
asturias said:
Funny haw the CLS is paired the M6 since it`s 4 door and not really a coupe. Always good to hear the M6 won a comparo.





Cheers
´

Doesnt Mercedes say its a 4-door coupe?
As far as I know both M6/CLS55 handle better than M5/E55. CLS 55 is closer in price to the M6 than to the M5, at least where I live. Both E55/M5 has better interior space than M6/CLS55 (at least backseat space). So I see no problem with this comparison :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
Just_me said:
´

Doesnt Mercedes say its a 4-door coupe?
As far as I know both M6/CLS55 handle better than M5/E55. CLS 55 is closer in price to the M6 than to the M5, at least where I live. Both E55/M5 has better interior space than M6/CLS55 (at least backseat space). So I see no problem with this comparison :)
Where did you hear of a CLS55 to handle better than the M5? I remember every comparo saying that the m5 was the best at handling.
~Alpha~
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alpha43 said:
Where did you hear of a CLS55 to handle better than the M5? I remember every comparo saying that the m5 was the best at handling.
~Alpha~
Sorry, I didnt mean CLS55 handle better than M5. What I meant is that CLS55 handle better than E55 and M6 handle better than M5.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,698 Posts
I would think that too, but several guys over at MB world say the E55 handles better than the CLS55.... They say the CLS55 is even softer.... ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MEnthusiast said:
I would think that too, but several guys over at MB world say the E55 handles better than the CLS55.... They say the CLS55 is even softer.... ?
I havent seen a test where CLS55 been slower around a track than E55 but then again, laptimes isnt everything and I have no experience with CLS55 so I dont know.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top