BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In addition to the story on the M6. There is a section entitled :

1-Series to join M-Power explosion
Basically the story is there will be a 3.0 six cylinder 310bhp engined 1-Series. Other figures (speculated) are the kerb weight of c. 1500kg and 0-60mph in 5.8secs. The car will also get a 7-speed SMG.

The engine will be yet another variant of the M5/M6 5.0-litre V10.

Not content with that they also mention that M-division is working on a 6.0-litre V12 again this is supposed to be built off the same development of the V10. No other information on that !

M1 ? not sure it will get that designation but 1M, M3, Z4M, M5, M6 and a M7 !!

somebody's been busy :)

·
Registered
776 Posts
I really hope they wont spoil the legacy of the original, legendary M1 by naming the 1-series that!!!! That would be horrible. :happybirt

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
MEnthusiast said:
Do you really think they will do a M7? It would be wild, but we will have to see if SMG can be smooth enough for 7er buyers.
Several reviews report that SMG III is substantially smoother than previous versions in addition to performing better. Whether that is smooth enough for a 7 or whether it still requires more evolution is unclear. Of course, the auto is still an option for them given that the large 7 is already stetching the definition of an M car.

I'm a bit surprised by the engine choice - a modified version of the 760 V-12 - as this was already an extremely low volume engine that can't be economical to produce. In contrast, AMG used the '55 engine for their S model. Does anyone know the relative sales figures for the S600 and the S55? Will there be an S65?

Tom

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Typical journalist "fluff". Autocar has always said a lot of things, including 550bhp for the M6. I don't think an M7 will go, the 760Li is already a low volume car.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
fastsaloons said:
In addition to the story on the M6. There is a section entitled :

1-Series to join M-Power explosion
Basically the story is there will be a 3.0 six cylinder 310bhp engined 1-Series. Other figures (speculated) are the kerb weight of c. 1500kg and 0-60mph in 5.8secs. The car will also get a 7-speed SMG.

The engine will be yet another variant of the M5/M6 5.0-litre V10.

Not content with that they also mention that M-division is working on a 6.0-litre V12 again this is supposed to be built off the same development of the V10. No other information on that !

M1 ? not sure it will get that designation but 1M, M3, Z4M, M5, M6 and a M7 !!

somebody's been busy :)
Hi!!
If the "M1" engine is another variant of the V10 then that would mean that the engine is a V6!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO NO NO!!! I want an inline 6 in a BMW!!!

Sakke

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
And the 0-60 time sounds way high. 310hp (not much less than the current M3), lighter than a M3... yet that much slower?

Sounds like pulling numbers out of their.... rear.

As M6Forever pointed out.. a M7 makes no sense.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts