BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The german magazine Autobild test-drives the B5 in one of the recent issues. They seem to be very impressed by the car. Here are some nice pictures from their test:

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Very flowery language in the review, but they seem to love the car and call it a "Traumauto"...

Interesting that, for once, the UK does not seem to be getting a raw deal on pricing - list price in Germany is EUR89,900, which according to xe.com is equivalent to GBP61,463, so not far off the UK list price of GBP61,950 (incl. sunroof and shadowline trim, but not including the German car's EVC)

WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER 6 MONTHS FOR MY CAR!

BTW, my dealer let slip that my car is referred to in Buchloe as "the green touring with the silly spec"

·
Registered
71 Posts

Are they cooling fins I see on a limited slip diff

I have to say, I'd take this over an M5 in a heartbeat, subtle, classy, understated, sophisticated, and insanely powerful !

I'm guessing a chip could have that supercharged-turbo hybrid powerplant hovering around the 600bhp figure for very little, and then stick a 520i badge on it and you've got the ultimate sleeper mmmmmm

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Úbermensch said:

I believe the diff is the non-slippy one from the 745d... It'll need the cooling fins for the 700+Nm of torque!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Úbermensch said:

I have to say, I'd take this over an M5 in a heartbeat, subtle, classy, understated, sophisticated, and insanely powerful !

I'm guessing a chip could have that supercharged-turbo hybrid powerplant hovering around the 600bhp figure for very little, and then stick a 520i badge on it and you've got the ultimate sleeper mmmmmm
I believe it's detuned so that should be easy.It originally had 600hp/900nm,but BMW couldn't have Alpina do that.

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
hythe said:
BTW, my dealer let slip that my car is referred to in Buchloe as "the green touring with the silly spec"
World-famous in Buchloe! :hihi:

I didn't think the spec of your Touring was that odd?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
kees said:
World-famous in Buchloe! :hihi:

I didn't think the spec of your Touring was that odd?
Probably the fact that it has just about every bell and whistle you can imagine:

Individual Malachite Green paint
Individual Caramel Merino leather (perforated, after a lengthy discussion between BMW M/// and Alpina)
Comfort seats, with the massage and cooling systems
Heated rear seats
Heated steering wheel
HUD
Bluetooth
CD Changer
TV
Rear-seat Individual DVD system
Climate comfort glass
Blinds
Side airbags
Adaptive Xenon lights
Extended voice control
Top sound system
etc., etc.

Everything except the sunroof, though that may be standard in the UK - we'll see...

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
hythe said:
Probably the fact that it has just about every bell and whistle you can imagine:
Having every option sounds pretty normal to me for an Alpina.

However the spec of your car sounds really nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts