BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dropped by the dealer and found a 530xi Touring with with M package, and discovered the auto truck closer that the car has. I was wondering if this will be available on the sedan. I think its a pretty cool feature and would like to have it on my M5.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Nope not on the standard or option list for the M5. Why would you need that for a sedan which has a fairly light trunk lid.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
need? no. want- oh once youve had this toy its hard to go back! I thought it was the silliest thing on the 7, but now I find it useful. Lets face it, you also don't need a 507bhp V10! :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well said MEnthusiast:cheers: . After playing with the one on the 7, and seeing ppl on the streets pushing buttons to close their trunks made me really want one now.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Assuming that the M5 trunk lid is the same as for the standard 5-series, what I would most appreciate is a feature that prevented the trunk lid from trying to deliver an uppercut to my chin when the latch is released. :3:

Richard

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I think its going to be standard on the 06 E60 now.

BMW 5 Series with an even wider range of standard features.
The 2006 model year BMW 5 Series can be distinguished inter alia by their new iDrive Controller now featuring a black leather cover. A further new feature is the remote control of the luggage compartment lid in the Saloon now opening and closing electrically from the driver’s seat at the touch of a button. And last but not least, an engine start/stop button on the instrument panel now also comes as standard.

The additional safety and comfort functions of BMW’s latest generation of DSC Dynamic Stability Control are likewise standard in all BMW 5 Series as of autumn 2005.

Extracted from Germancarfans.com

·
Registered
703 Posts
that is very interresting! anyone have a picture of what the idrive controler covered with leather will look like?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Actually we have a great ergonomic possibility. A leather-covered knob would result in fewer mistakes due to a slippery surface. I would love to have that. It should be completely encased in leather material.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts