BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
9.09 sec 0-100 mph is phenomenal (and not far from the reports from Gustav's test session).

·
Registered
623 Posts
The figure from 0 – 100 is very interesting as well. Could it be true :confused: ? Some people claim 4.7 other claim 4.8 for M5 and 4.7 for M6. But 4.5 is amazingly impressive for M5 with size and weight ratio ouich

·
Registered
188 Posts
But there have been 4 or 5 articles in magazines now with times in the 4.5s...

So that is the 0-100 kph time!! I mean people were saying the other day that BMW M made a software change on the LC system for the production cars and thats why we are seeing all these time in the 4.5s... I mean a 370kW + car should atleast hit 4.5 or 4.6 so the times are true..

Wait for the first proper tests on the production M6's and you will see 4.3's and 4.4's.. T keep up with a turbos the M6 must be quick!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Guys u no whats amazing in this test, look at the Ripresa section the 0-400m test IS 11.5 SECONDS. I cant read Italian but if thats right thats freakin fast. I also noticed in the acceleration section it says 12.51 in the quarter so someone who reads Italian please clarify. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
213 Posts
Mcoupeman said:
Guys u no whats amazing in this test, look at the Ripresa section the 0-400m test IS 11.5 SECONDS. I cant read Italian but if thats right thats freakin fast. I also noticed in the acceleration section it says 12.51 in the quarter so someone who reads Italian please clarify. Thanks in advance
if you look up the top of the Ripresa section, I believe that the 11.5second pass is from rolling start of 40km/h, where as the 12.51 is the actual quarter time from standstill.

Still, 12.51 isn't too bad.

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
1,797 Posts
Mardeth said:
Especially as every european magazine Ive seen so far has measured these numbers on normal road conditions. I wonder if the time will go below 12s on a american dragstrip...

I would be supprised and impressed if it did, but I have seen several E55 in the low 12 so maybe the M5 will break into the 11.....

What impress me the most with this mags 1/4 test is the trapspeed of 119,4 mph..... That is fast, also the 0-155 mph in 22,2 sec.

Very fast indeed. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.