BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Planning for the 2016 Auto Lieben has begun! We would like to invite all of you back to join us once again at the beautiful Afton Alps ski village this year. Located in the St. Croix River Valley on the edge of Minnesota along the Wisconsin border, this is strictly a show and shine event where owners are free to bring what they are proud of and represent their unique tastes in our German car community. Auto Lieben features BMW, Mercedes, Audi, and Porsche, and this year will be celebrating the 100th anniversary of BMW by featuring a section strictly for special, vintage, or rare BMW’s. Otherwise, the show will be mostly unsegmented on a first come first serve basis since we cannot guarantee parking turnout for each marque.
There are hundreds of miles worth of twisty alphabet roads nearby in southern Wisconsin, and many twisty local roads within the area of Afton Alps and ask that if you do go out for cruises to please stay safe. Anyone who wishes to travel up for the night prior to the show should contact me at [email protected] so we can include you in any dinner reservations, photoshoots, or cruises for that Saturday night. Auto Lieben is a non profit show and our selected charity is River Valley Riders, which is a local organization that helps children with disabilities though horseback riding therapy right in Afton. Also the show is supported and promoted by the BMW CCA, Mercedes Benz Club of America, Porsche PCA, and also the Audi Club of North America. We hope to see you there and let me know if there are any questions!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Cool! Thanks for the notice. Not sure I, or my car will be able to make it, but it looks like an amazing venue.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! Thanks for the notice. Not sure I, or my car will be able to make it, but it looks like an amazing venue.
It should be fun and hopefully grow each year. I feel like the midwest really needs an event that is high class and can compete with the east and west events. We are excluding all pressures of this show to compete for concourse, etc.
Afton Alps is also catering the event from their food truck with German food and some great beer (not that we encourage drinking and driving).
Here's some pictures from last year...I think people liked that it isn't a judged show (waiting around for award ceremony), or competing for concourse. Its just a show up and relax type of gathering and thats what seems to be what people have been telling me they like. Hope you can make it REKIII, by the way, RHmorris is helping co organize this with me....you met him on the way out to Timmayfest.

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And of course.....

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good news! Michelin is now in support of the show and will be donating a $1200 gift certificate towards a set of new Michelin tires at the 2016 Auto Lieben! The money generated by the silent auction/raffle will be put towards the local charity River Valley Riders!

Attachments

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The website is now updated with travel information regarding the surrounding river towns nearby the Auto Lieben car show. www.autolieben.org
Registration is also open HERE

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not too bad a showing of e39's this year...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts