BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that on the dashboard in one of the 2 gauges, there is that Auto H but i never see it turned on, any idea what is that? My car is a 2013 M5

·
Registered
19 Posts
Auto H is for Auto Handbrake. I believe this is a carry-over from regular F10 5'ers. We do not have this feature in the M5's standard or DCT transmissions.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Auto H is for Auto Handbrake. I believe this is a carry-over from regular F10 5'ers. We do not have this feature in the M5's standard or DCT transmissions.
AutoH was present on all of my F10 550s--it was an incredibly convenient feature. The closest we have on F10 M5s is engaging the electronic parking brake and gently stabbing the pedal to turn it off as opposed to pushing the button.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thought it meant Auto Hold and is used to prevent creep from automatic gearboxes. When Auto Hold is on, the car stands still (doesn't creep) when not using the brake. Much like the E60 M5 standard does with SMG.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thought it meant Auto Hold and is used to prevent creep from automatic gearboxes. When Auto Hold is on, the car stands still (doesn't creep) when not using the brake. Much like the E60 M5 standard does with SMG.
Right... that's certainly one of the things I'm saying it does, it also holds you on hills if not obvious--did someone else describe it differently? The primary point I made above was the closest comparable feature on the F10 M5... which isn't really that close.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts