BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up the system in my head now. I've got a few questions. I'm going to run a 5 channel amp from the stock HU. This will require line level outs. The LC6 is a 6-channel loc and the EQS is a 6-channel loc with an qualizer.
  • The signal is already going to be crossed over because of the DSP. I'm wondering if the equalizer would help or not? Is it worth the extra $100 or so?
  • When installing seperates , do you even need the speaker's crossover...because the DSP is already handling that, right?
Equipment:
Stock HU
AudioControl ?
Soundstream VanGogh 800.5
JL 12w6 v.2
Boston Pro 6.5
Boston RM6 (if they fit)

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
EQ is not a substitute for a xover. Not at all. But it will help you tailor the sound. For $100- I would do it- so long as it is a quality piece. If its not, you will degrade your sound.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EMPEROR said:
This topic has been covered before many times. do a search for this.
emperor:M5launch:
I bet it has (AudioControl search yields one thread :3: ). If you read my question (maybe it wasn't clear?), it's more about wether anyone has an AudioControl device...and would they recommend one over the other given the cost. And if they had one, would the use the speaker crossover give the DSP and the EQ.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in that my wording wasn't clear ;)

·
Registered
626 Posts
The dsp already has a eq so that woulod defeat the purpoase of an outside eq. and yes you would want to use the speakers crossover, they are used to prevent damage to the speakers. btw nice set up. who is doing the install?

emperor
:viking:

boostmiser said:
I'm setting up the system in my head now. I've got a few questions. I'm going to run a 5 channel amp from the stock HU. This will require line level outs. The LC6 is a 6-channel loc and the EQS is a 6-channel loc with an qualizer.
  • The signal is already going to be crossed over because of the DSP. I'm wondering if the equalizer would help or not? Is it worth the extra $100 or so?
  • When installing seperates , do you even need the speaker's crossover...because the DSP is already handling that, right?
Equipment:
Stock HU
AudioControl ?
Soundstream VanGogh 800.5
JL 12w6 v.2
Boston Pro 6.5
Boston RM6 (if they fit)

·
Registered
86 Posts
boostmiser said:
I bet it has (AudioControl search yields one thread :3: ). If you read my question (maybe it wasn't clear?), it's more about wether anyone has an AudioControl device...and would they recommend one over the other given the cost. And if they had one, would the use the speaker crossover give the DSP and the EQ.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in that my wording wasn't clear ;)
I have the EQS in my other car. I needed it for the system because the factory system (Bose) which I removed runs at 1 ohm and in order to keep the factory head unit I needed the EQS to run the system properly. It works great, just takes alot of time to fine tune and adjust.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
EMPEROR said:
The dsp already has a eq so that woulod defeat the purpoase of an outside eq. and yes you would want to use the speakers crossover, they are used to prevent damage to the speakers. btw nice set up. who is doing the install?

emperor
:viking:
So I just need the LC6. perfect. Thank you.
I'm a bit frustrated because I'm trying to get it straight in my head (I've done a ton of reading but it's probably doing more harm than good right now.
I'm doing the install (don't go shaking your head....I've done installs before but using aftermarket HU's). It will turn out great and I'm sure it's easier than I'm making it out to be.
Are the factory speakers 4ohm?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.