BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here in israel we have a guy who bought a 380HP MODEL tuned S4 that from what he said is actual an RS4 in a regular sedan s4 body.
it does go very very hard...i've seen it ...
do you guys know about a tuning company that offers such a car.....and what are the correct prefeormance stats ....the guy says his car will overtake the m5 with no problems.
i will probably meet him next week near by for a small run ...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
765 Posts
go for it

------------------
SL

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are you saying your friend got the 380 HP engine in a 4-door sedan rather than the break? I wonder how that happened since Audi only makes the RS4 is a break body.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Kaufmann,
most likely you are heading for being beaten, if that car really does have 380 and is 4wd, because RS4 was slightly faster than M3 in the recent test in the mag and M3 i'd think would be faster than M5.
so draw your own conclusions.

------------------
SL

·
Registered
114 Posts
We actually own here in Switzerland an E39 M5 AND a RS4 2000 model with 380 HP

Sorry to say, but the RS4 has effectively no problem to overtake the M5.
At 30 MPH the M5 is ahead, but at 50+ MPH the RS4 begin to really push with its big big turbos.
Maybe the M5 could come again a little better at 100+ MPH but i doubt it'd be enough to win..

But don't forget the RS4 is a limited edition, it is NOT a stock car as the M5.
And the interior is ugly as all audis, like a standard A4 of 30K USD. I'd never change my M5 for the RS4 even if it go faster.

BTW, we raced with the RS4 against a 360 Modena and it was easy to win.

Only the Lambos or Porsche TT could beat it.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Hi,

Just read the latest German Sport Auto magazine. In the supertest the RS4 was tested with the E39 M5 as a reference car. On the track (small Hockenheim ring and the Nordschleife), both cars competed very well and were allmost equal.

RS4: Nordschleife, 8.25min
M5: Nordschleife, 8.28min

RS4: Hockenhein, 1,18,2min
M5: Hockenheim, 1.18,5min

Don't forget the RS4 is about 200kg lighter, so on the road and in straight line acceleration the RS4 will be faster.

With best regards,

Raymond

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey tom... wow 2 little rockets u got there.
tom yeah i assumed he will beat me.
damn
):
well i'm gonna try soon.
:)
pretty sad though.
one thing i dont like is being beat by audi's
:)hehe

cheers all.
kaufmann

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it really does have 380 maybe i'm gonna get beaten
i guess i will get beaten i just wanna see how i run with this beast...straight lines yeah he'll probably be ahaead of me....but i can assure u this.....if i'm taking him to the race track he will loose big time
with his quattro....this car is a total nightmare in the corners
understeers like hell....and dont forget he has a heavily moded car.

i drive a stock m5
i wonder how sweet a supercharger for my baby will do

1 - 8 of 8 Posts