BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,
Okay..... Things are really shaping up well! I now have specific details to provide to you re: the upcoming M5 meet, which will take place on Saturday December 11, 2004. It will be at my BMW dealership, WIDE WORLD BMW, located on 125 Route # 59 East, Spring Valley New York. 10977. This is Rockland County for anyone who needs to map out the directions based on county location. My direct telephone number is 1-845-425-2600 Ext. # 321.
The M5 gathering will start at approx. 11:00 AM. I will have catered food at the dealership, so there will be plenty of GOOD FOOD and beverages for all to enjoy! It's been confirmed that the BMW magazine known as the ROUNDEL magazine will be at this event, to do an article/story about the E39 M5 community. The Roundel photographer will be taking lots of PICs to put into their magazine, for an upcoming issue. So now's your chance to have your beast photographed as well as your ugly mug (joking) and have it appear in a ROUNDEL magazine! At this point, I have a head count of 59 guys who have contacted me, telling me they want to attend this M5 meeting. By the time this event takes place, Im sure more guys will be at this event! We are an authorized Dinan Dealer, so there will be a free raffle give-away for you guys, with great Dinan prizes! I am the Dinan Program Manager for the dealership. In additon to having a great time with all the M5 members, this event is OPEN to any of the M3 guys and 540i owners. The more the better!!! The ///M Day gathering will last for the duration of the day, so it will be an all day affair, so you will be able to stay as long as you desire.

At this point, I want to lock in a TRUE HEAD COUNT for this event. I am therefore requesting a RSVP from all who wish to attend the ///M Day meet.
Here is what I need from you, "the guest", when you E-mail me, to confiirm your attendence, Your Full (REAL) Name, Your Contact Telephone Number, Your M5 Message Board AKA Name/Handle and the state your traveling from to come to this meet.

Please E-Mail me, so I know for sure who in and who's not. Plus, I need to know just how much food to order from the caterer, based on the number of people at this function. You can reach me at, [email protected]
(My other business E-Mail address)

If you have any questions that weren't answered in this latest update, please ask me whatever is on your mind.
Thank you guys!
Robert :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Guys, I changed my contact E-mail address............

I took notice that some E-Mails being sent to me at my BMW dealership E-Mail address were being blocked or not accepted, due to MIS security blocks on the sever (network system) So I changed my E-Mail address on the post to show [email protected]
Send your RSVP to this corrected E-Mail address please. Sorry for the trouble.
Robert

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Guys, can I get some cooperation please..............

Hi Guys,
I've been geting numerous E-mail messages to the E-mail address of [email protected], as I requested to RSVP for this M5 event, BUT here is an example of the type of message Im getting more or less,
Hi its so and so.....
Im definately coming...... thanks for making this happen..........
See you there..................
This type of reply is NOT RSVP, as far as Im concerned. I asked for the following,
"Here is what I need from you, "the guest", when you E-mail me, to confiirm your attendence, Your Full (REAL) Name, Your Contact Telephone Number, Your M5 Message Board AKA Name/Handle and the state your traveling from to come to this meet."
I need the requested information and theres a reason behind it. So PLEASE do exactly what Im asking okay and RSVP your arrival to the upcoming M5 meet.
Thanks. cherrsagai

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since some of you guys are rather slow at getting back to me with your RSVP confirmation's, I've re-sent this "UPDATE" thread/post to all the guys who have shown an interest in this M5 meet. If you have already sent me your RSVP via E-Mail to my address of: [email protected] then please disregard the "UPDATE" message that was sent to you, OR please respond with your RSVP if you haven't done so. I want to be clear on something, if I can't get the large turn out for this event, ROUNDEL will not be interested in printing pictures of the event along with story into the magazine and the event might not take place, due to the missing RSVP replies. I hope this doesn't happen but some guys are very slow at getting back to me with their RSVP replies. Chop..... Chop.......... Come on guys, lets go! hmmm

·
Registered
144 Posts
If I were able to come (and if I do, I assure you i will RSVP in the proper format with requested info) would you rather I bring my Euro-spec 850CSi or my Lotus Esprit V-8?
Thanks for the opportunity to get together.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
DrPaul said:
If I were able to come (and if I do, I assure you i will RSVP in the proper format with requested info) would you rather I bring my Euro-spec 850CSi or my Lotus Esprit V-8?
Thanks for the opportunity to get together.

Hi Doc,
I heard that the LOTUS V-8 is actually the M5 engine. Any truth to this? If yes, then the LOTUS, BUt if Im incorrect, then the 850 CSi ! :cheers:

·
Registered
144 Posts
FAST 5 said:
Hi Doc,
I heard that the LOTUS V-8 is actually the M5 engine. Any truth to this? If yes, then the LOTUS, BUt if Im incorrect, then the 850 CSi ! :cheers:
:wroom:
Hadn't heard that, but will check and either bring the M8 (as it is registered in Germany and as listed on the title) or lie about the engine (if it is not true) and bring the Lotus. :D

·
Registered
635 Posts
Fast 5

Just wondering is there a rain date set?

Marion

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Total number of RSVPs (head count) thus far ............

Guys,
Im happy to say the total head count so far is at 36 !
Im sure it will be larger toward the end of the week.
Let all your M5 buddies know and they are welcome to attend.
Robert :cheers:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts