BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may be surprised to know that the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) in the UK, show the official colour for Silverstone as BLUE. When I received my vehicle registration document, I thought there had been a mistake, but when I checked with my dealer they confirmed that according to DVLA they class Silverstone as Blue.

I know that other UK M5 Silverstone drivers have been stopped by the police, as they say the colour of the car being driven doesn't match with their records, which show the car as being blue. Therefore do expect to be stopped until the news filters down that silver actual is blue. :confused3

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I'm sure you can notify DVLA that you have "changed the colour to Silver".

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ashok Arora said:
I'm sure you can notify DVLA that you have "changed the colour to Silver".
Unfortunately no you cant, they only use primary colours, silver does not fall into this category. According to BMW the colour does contain blue, and there lies the problem. DVLA will NOT change. :confused3

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
But I thought Silver was the most common colour for cars these days - I recommend calling DVLA directly on 0870 240 0010 to sort it out.

There is a section 7 in the registration document (V5C) that is especially designed to allow for notifications of colour change.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ashok Arora said:
But I thought Silver was the most common colour for cars these days - I recommend calling DVLA directly on 0870 240 0010 to sort it out.

There is a section 7 in the registration document (V5C) that is especially designed to allow for notifications of colour change.

Keep us posted.
Spoke to them as another member has, but they will not change it, on the basis that there is blue in the shading.

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
bmwnewm5 said:
Spoke to them as another member has, but they will not change it, on the basis that there is blue in the shading.
I can vouch for that. They won't change it... I've been pulled over by the police 5 times now as they say the colour is wrong!!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Perhaps BMW-GB can help. Has anyone approached them for assistance in this regard?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ashok Arora said:
Perhaps BMW-GB can help. Has anyone approached them for assistance in this regard?
When my car is viewed in different light situations it is most certainly blue, so there perhaps lies the problem. Just get the police to view the car in the right light conditions. :1:

·
Registered
93 Posts
bmwnewm5 said:
When my car is viewed in different light situations it is most certainly blue, so there perhaps lies the problem. Just get the police to view the car in the right light conditions. :1:
The blue police lights certainly would make a Silverstone II car look blue. :wroom:

·
Moderator Emeritus
866 Posts
bmwnewm5 said:
"Honest, Mr Police Officer, sir , I was only doing 150 to get through the tunnel quicker and into the light so my car would look blue when you pulled me over..."

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What can i say, you've found the solution

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I believe I read an article a few years ago that said "Jedi" is now an officially recognized religion by the British gov't. So just use the Jedi Mind Trick: "The car you are looking at is silver".....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts