BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Firstly thanks very much to Gustav and Co. for letting me post in here. Much appreciated guys!!!

Terminal Velocity/Drag Day in UK for Charity

The website is now more or less finished and you can find it at
http://www.tv2005.co.uk

The application forms are now available for download from here:

http://www.cyber-site.com/terminalvelocity/tv2005applicationform.zip

Remember all BMW M5 Forum Members, CBR2004 Alumni, Driver's Run Participants and GTOUK Members get a discount on full entry to 60.00 GBP(Instead of the normal 75.00 GBP)

Gold Tickets are limited to 75 Cars, and eligibility of cars for entry will be at my sole discretion. (we don't want the saxo and nova crowd - this is a Supercar Event!) So dont delay!!!!

Entrance for this competition closes on 31st July.!!!!!

Many many thanks and hope to see you all there!! Remember its all for charity!!!

Cheers
David

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Can't say for sure right now Dave - will talk to you about it some more on the 17th :byebye:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Dave - ditto, would certainly be keen to do it assuming I get the engine work done (although even if it is done I will still be limited to 187mph with a self-imposed 5800rpm limit in 6th)........

·
Registered
355 Posts
Good point Dave I'll do some tests to ascertain whether it's possible in that distance; is it a rolling start??

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You go back as far as you can on to the loose stuff, take a nice gentle start.. so when you hit the clean tarmac you are alread moving!! then its pedal to the metal and racing gear changes.. and the trap is at about 1.5/1.6 miles... then you have about 0.5/0.6 mile to stop.. comes up quick at that speed!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sounds like it should be feasible!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
rogbacon said:
Sounds like it should be feasible!
hahah, just make sure you have plenty of life in ya brake pads.. and hope for the best :D nah your ap's will be able to take it. :p

·
Registered
355 Posts
And I've always got my handbrake if the APs do fail! :1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts