BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought my M5, but have been reading about mods for it for a long time. I like the idea of just deleting the muffler, but want to hear the cabin noise before I do. My S6 had the resonators removed by the previous owner and it sounded terrific, but a little too much drone in the cabin. It made it difficult for anyone to hear me when using bluetooth handsfree.

I work mainly in the Perimeter area right now and live on the north side.

Chris

·
Registered
456 Posts
I am not aware of anybody around here that has a muffler delete

·
Registered
24 Posts
I assume your referring to an E39... I have a 2000 with the muffler delete. Happy to let you check it out. I live in the Morningside/VH area and work in Norcross.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm located in Greenville SC and have a stock E60 M5 with the muffler delete. If you ever make it up this way I could let you listen.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, thanks. I have a sister-in-law moving there soon so I might actually take you up on that.

Chris

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've heard bradstard's. Sounds sweet. Still wanting to pull the trigger.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S via Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
I assume your referring to an E39... I have a 2000 with the muffler delete. Happy to let you check it out. I live in the Morningside/VH area and work in Norcross.
I would like to take a listen to that. I have a 2000 as well and am considering ditching the mufflers. I have the car taken apart at the moment putting in a UUC flywheel and clutch but should be back on the ground this weekend if you are available?

Thanks, Ken

·
Registered
1,768 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
No, just an AMAZING sounding car! Even my wife thinks it sounds better.

For anyone in Atlanta I got mine done at G&S Exhaust off of Lower Roswell RD. Marc R. had his done there as well and referred me to them. Great work, took about 2 hours, $204 out the door including the 304 stainless tips.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
New Intown Atlanta M get together!!! Meltron and I had such a great time running our m5's up to Caffeine and Octane together today that we decided to start a new M get together for the Intown crowd. The ITP folks shouldn't have all the fun M cars have to offer so we are starting a monthly get together for the Intown M crowd. Beginning next Sunday June 9, 2013 and the second Sunday of every month there-after we will meet at 1 PM at the Willie's on Howell Mill RD right off of 75. They have ample parking and a wide variety of food so long as you like beans! For all who care to join we can go on some spirited driving adventures from there.

Hope to see you,

Ken

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/usa-southeast-forum/270554-atlanta-new-intown-atlanta-m-meet-up.html#post3308618

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in midtown. Would like to meet up sometime to check out the muffler delete as well as learn where you had the work done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in midtown. Would like to meet up sometime to check out the muffler delete as well as learn where you had the work done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts