BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I note several MB writters live in the Atlanta area. I suggest we all get together on Saturday 11-18-00 at Road Atlanta to BS and run our cars on the track. The cost for all day on the track is only $185.00. You can drive as fast or as slow as you dare. You can make reservations through Panoz Racing School at 770.967.1220. Who's in ??

------------------

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sounds good to me. I've yet to go above 100mph after 1700 miles

·
Registered
722 Posts
Interesting idea. I should have my new M5 by then, but it won't be broken in. I've also asked the dealer to schedule me for a BMW Performance Center visit that week, and I haven't received any firm dates. If I'm available, but the car's not yet ready for performance driving, I'd still like to drop by Road Atlanta and meet other Atlanta area M5 owners.

Richard

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by rsteele:
Interesting idea. I should have my new M5 by then, but it won't be broken in. I've also asked the dealer to schedule me for a BMW Performance Center visit that week, and I haven't received any firm dates. If I'm available, but the car's not yet ready for performance driving, I'd still like to drop by Road Atlanta and meet other Atlanta area M5 owners.

Richard
You can still sign up for "touring" where speeds are kept under 90mph. That would keep you under break-in speed/rpm and still be fun.

------------------

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by GradX:
Sounds good to me. I've yet to go above 100mph after 1700 miles
Great. I would go ahead and sign up as soon as you can. The event is limited to a small number of cars on the track at the time and it fills up quick. At Road Atlanta speeds vary from 150mph down the back straight to 45mph around turn 7. But there's no pressure to go any faster than you feel comfortable. You do learn a lot about the performance capabilities of your car. There are professional drivers there to help you out in your line, braking , etc.. I go 4-6 times a year and learn something each time.

------------------

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by GradX:
So where do I call to sign up?
Call Panoz at 770.967.1220 and tell them you want to sign up for the 11-18-00 Track Day. You can choose from Touring(90mph speed limit) or Intermediate(no speed limit). I look forward to seeing you there. I'll be in a jet black with black interior.

------------------

·
Registered
311 Posts
I have a carbon black with silverstone interior with black trim.

grad

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well I can tell you now I will probably be one of the slowest on the track. This car is my first stick (which i've owned for 1.5 months) and this is my first track experience.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<< Well I can tell you now I will probably be one of the slowest on the track >>

Not if I show up.
If you want to go you will need to sign up ASAP. This is the last Panoz track event of the year at Road Atlanta and it books up fast.

------------------

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<< Well I can tell you now I will probably be one of the slowest on the track >>

Not if I show up.
What part of Atlanta do you live/work ? I live in Cumming and work in Norcross.

------------------

1 - 14 of 14 Posts