BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have at least 3 M5s already registered for the Panoz Racing school at Road Atlanta on 11-18-00. The cost is only $195.00 for a full day on the track with your M5. It's the most fun you can have with your clothes on ! Register now and you might just learn something about the handling and performance of your car.

------------------

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mark, that's the bad news, but we know you already. I am sure that you will have already negotiated a deal for New tires, Brembo Brakes, and maybe those new Dinan wheels!!

07/00 M5 Titanium/Silverstone
[email protected]

·
Registered
311 Posts
Parkerfe: let me know as soon as you get the Tubistyle exhausts installed, I'd like to hear what they sound like.

Also, who is the third person confirmed to have signed up?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by GradX:
Parkerfe: let me know as soon as you get the Tubistyle exhausts installed, I'd like to hear what they sound like.

Also, who is the third person confirmed to have signed up?
I will hopefully have them on by the 11-18-00 Road Atlanta event. A friend of mine from United says he knows of another M5 owner already signed up.

------------------

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would like some more info. I'm in Birmingham now. Is this a racing school or just drive our M5 on Road Atlanta? If a school, any online info?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Glad I stumbled across this site today--appreciate the Track Day tip! I called Panoz this afternoon and will be headed to Road Atlanta in November, but am waiting to determine if Saturday or Sunday. I've done several 'CCA schools there, including one in May just after the 1200 mile break-in period in my '00 Carbon Black... I guess that will make 4 for Atlanta

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Stephen385:
I would like some more info. I'm in Birmingham now. Is this a racing school or just drive our M5 on Road Atlanta? If a school, any online info?
They have instructors who watch you and give imput on how to improve your times. An instructor will ride with you upon request. Its a great time with more time on the track than I have ever had at other events

------------------

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Teutonaddict:
Glad I stumbled across this site today--appreciate the Track Day tip! I called Panoz this afternoon and will be headed to Road Atlanta in November, but am waiting to determine if Saturday or Sunday. I've done several 'CCA schools there, including one in May just after the 1200 mile break-in period in my '00 Carbon Black... I guess that will make 4 for Atlanta
Go on Saturday. You get the most track time on Saturday because on Sunday they have "quite time" when cars are not let on the track for 2 hours during church servises. (Bible Belt and all). Plus, you get a lot of race cars on Sunday which cause street cars to always have to be looking back to allow them to pass. Saturday is much better with mostly all street cars.

------------------

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Appreciate the thought--and hadn't considered driving by my rear-view with the modifieds and all. The 3 hours of track time on Sunday is a big draw, tho' (~six :30 sessions). Quiet time only applies to race cars and street cars with LOUD exhausts, and mine's still stock. So.... I'm still up in the air. It's been too long since the May CCA school and I need another extended fix!
If I don't drive Saturday, I will likely stop by anyways just to socialize and check out the various M5 modifications. Again, thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Teutonaddict:
Appreciate the thought--and hadn't considered driving by my rear-view with the modifieds and all. The 3 hours of track time on Sunday is a big draw, tho' (~six :30 sessions). Quiet time only applies to race cars and street cars with LOUD exhausts, and mine's still stock. So.... I'm still up in the air. It's been too long since the May CCA school and I need another extended fix!
If I don't drive Saturday, I will likely stop by anyways just to socialize and check out the various M5 modifications. Again, thanks for the suggestion!
My schedule shows the same amount of track time per group on both Sat. and Sun.

------------------

1 - 13 of 13 Posts