BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I replaced the clutch line and since I had to bleed the clutch I thought I might as well replace the brake fluid with ATE Super Blue. Well now I have an annoying squeaky noise everytime i press in the clutch pedal. Its definitely coming from outside the car around the slave cylinder/tranny area and it wasn't there before. Can non-oem fluid really cause a noise?

·
Registered
901 Posts
I replaced the clutch line and since I had to bleed the clutch I thought I might as well replace the brake fluid with ATE Super Blue. Well now I have an annoying squeaky noise everytime i press in the clutch pedal. Its definitely coming from outside the car around the slave cylinder/tranny area and it wasn't there before. Can non-oem fluid really cause a noise?
NO

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5
1,368 Posts
Could be a coincidence, have you replaced the throwout bearing on your car recently or had a clutch job done?

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5
1,368 Posts
Could be a coincidence, have you replaced the throwout bearing on your car recently or had a clutch job done?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No clutch work done recently, the ate fluid causing a noise sounds weird to me as well, but when i searched for squeaky slave cylinder a few mentioned the ate fluid they just put in. Should i re-bleed it?

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Funny thing : My clutch is squeeky now, started about 3 days ago.

Funnier thing : I filled it up with ATE Super Blue (but since May).

·
Registered
906 Posts
No clutch work done recently, the ate fluid causing a noise sounds weird to me as well, but when i
searched for squeaky slave cylinder a few mentioned the ate fluid they just put in.
Should i re-bleed it?
With a new brake line installation, it's likely the upper portion of the slave cylinder is filled with air and
it will not bleed out due to the bleeder port being located at such a low point.

Remove the slave cylinder, while leaving the supply line connected. Conjure up a method to push the
piston all the way back in, while holding it there. Rotate the cylinder until the bleeder port is at the
highest point and then bleed it. Be sure to keep that aft (separated) compartment of the master
cylinder full of fluid, since it does not hold very much.

Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I did not grease the tip before reinstalling the slave but it wasnt greased and I did bleed the slave by taking it out so i dont think theres air but i could be wrong.
Another thing it doesnt squeak all the time, i would say 80% of the time but its only been a couple of days

1 - 10 of 10 Posts