BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

Looking for your thoughts on my list of items I'm having done at the dealer:

06 E60, 26k miles, second owner. The dealership I use is the same dealership that delivered the car new and has done all maintenance. I've driven it roughly 500 miles in the last 7 months. This will change as it is my daily driver now.

-oil changed at 23k in august
-brakes flushed in sept

Current list:
-mount and balance new conti extreme DW (tires $1200 on tire rack, $100 to mount)
-alignment ($150)
-nitrogen fill (only $20.... Why not...)
-coolant flush (approx $120)
-power steering fluid (approx $200)
-rear diff fluid (approx $308... But they think it may be less even with using the upgraded fluid)
-assess noise from engine. Suspect belt / chain tensioner. ($910 fix, hopefully covered with 3rd party warranty)
-fix thigh support motor (covered under 3rd party warranty)
-adjust e-brake

Am I missing anything? We decided to leave the SMG alone at this time as they said smg fluid should not significantly degrade over time, rather it's more mileage sensitive.

Any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
@ ryanpw3 i too am new to owning an 06 m5 as well as joining this forum. my m5 has 36k o it and the indicator just came on today regarding the SP change (Spark Plug) sorry for the abreviations im having a hard time understand them all still myself. i read something interesting that you typed...you had metioned 3rd party service contract?...my unit still has the CPO intact nCertified Pre-Owned warranty) your car should have one too i read that it covers everything inside your car along with powertrain components however doesnt cover belts hoses mirrors ect...i bough mine from a second owner who had luckily had all the paper work on the car. in one of the books that somes with the car it tells you exactly what maintnence your car needs and when. all the 411 gets stored in your key i guess and the maintenance books also has several pages that have check list you can write in so that you can keep track for yourself of what youve done. the idrive will also remind you as well, however anytime you get a new ride its never a bad idea to change the oil and filter. good luck to you buddy and happy driving!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts