BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V10 - 550+ hp - 7 gears - complex aerodynamics - 1200 kg

Yup. BMW are developing a BMW Z10. They want to build a supercar that can compare with Audi's new R8 and so on. It is said to have a power to weight ratio of 458 hp/ton - more than a Porsche Carrera GT !

About the aerodynamics, quote from topspeed.com: "The BMW Z10 will be one of the first cars to use wind-directing elements as active spoilers. This will translate in some geometry variable spoilers, we think, should modify their position by the speed of the car.".

0-100 km/h performance figures are rumoured to be anywhere between 3.3 and 3.8 sec.

I've read about a lot of different price tags, ranging from 90000$ to 280000$. Said to be out late 2008 or early 2009.

I've seen a lot of different pics, this one is a BMW-styled F430 - personally I think this looks great. But we can only guess about how it will look.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
We can only hope they do it and I have no doubt it will be a great car! The F430 copy is likely not what we will see but I like it too. maybe because it looks like a ferrari? :D but anyways. should be pretty cool :cheers:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anything offical? Morten, fo you have any friends with really fast cars for the airfield event :)
Nah, sorry. Taxes are high in Denmark and high performance car owners are usually pretty spread throughout the country. Although you're welcome to send us an invitation for the next airfield event :). Mario Theissen (head F1-boss) said that they were building the Z10 - so I'm pretty sure it's on its way.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
gentlemen

As happy as you are, I share the enthusiasm.

But mark my words.

The car will not look like those two pictures at ALL. Not the slightest resemblence.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gentlemen

As happy as you are, I share the enthusiasm.

But mark my words.

The car will not look like those two pictures at ALL. Not the slightest resemblence.
Of course it won't... The picture was merely intended for some responses :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
The first pic is a photoshopped F360.;)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
now THATS what we're hoping for

what a fantastic design.

To the people who want to post otherwise ( and no I don't give a crap about your opinion or freedom of speech) : get stuffed!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts