BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Two years ago, following the installation of SuperSprint Headers, Sport Cats, and X-Pipe; B&B Mufflers, I got an Evolve engine tune and got the gains in the attached picture.

I am not sure if this information is relevant, but it can't hurt: Since then, I've driven about 10K miles. Not incredibly aggressive driving, but I haven't been afraid to unleash The Beast. Those 10K miles were a good combo of city and highway driving.

Now, two years later, I finally have the time to mod the engine more, and I am about to begin the process for a Dinan Badge. I have recently purchased the Dinan High Flow Cold Air Intake System and the High Air Flow Mass Meter to compliment the Cold Air Intake.

My questions are (and bear with me, for I am not very knowledgeable on Engine Tuning): It is necessary for another tune, right? Should I wait and save a Dinan Engine Software Upgrade for the last step of the Dinan Badge? Or, if I get the Engine Software Upgrade next, would whatever I install after that not be in tune with the latest Engine Software Upgrade?

Thank you for all of your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
What is the importance of he Dinan badge?

Seems to me that a car with a Dinan badge should be all Dinan and not a mix of aftermarket parts.

My .02

:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Might be a long wait on that Dinan badge... they just got bought out from what I understand

Either way, I dont see the attraction. Just a badge saying you spent lots of money on parts that are a worse HP/$$ value than many other mods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts