BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
MRanger great run. It is very tempting. I havn't drove my car in a month. As soon as the weather gets better I think I will set up something with asr. The track runs were awsome. congrats. I think you can get a much better 60' time without the launch control. I used it a few times at the track and had no sucess with my 60' time. I could never get below a 2.00 time. Once you heat up the tires you should hook fine if you just punch it. There is a guy on the board that did a 1.8 time I think with few mods. It's all about the 60' time. With out lowering that, it will be hard to get in the ten's I think. Were you running slicks?

·
Registered
663 Posts
We were running 18" drag radials. Our biggest problem was the fact that Juan's cars has a 3.91 diff and our overall rollout diamter was way to small because we couldn't get the right tire size. This actually made the car run like it had a 4.10 gear in it. There was no way we could even attempt to launch the car without tremendous wheel spin, and that was without the NOS. One of the passes with NOS from third gear up, I hit 127mph with a horrible et due to the wheel spin. Not to mention that the track prep was horrible, but no excuses. Juan has ordered a new set of wheels which will fit the right size drag radial. The car is definitely capable of a high 10 second pass!

·
Registered
350 Posts
So where did you guys race at?

My family lives in Ft. Myers (I go to school at UF), and I know Miami is only a few hours away I think.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Marshall I tell you my decision to get the 3.91 diff was back in Nov '06. Way before any of the "whinning" issues w/ the Dinan diff were posted. I certainly did not know of it. That has never been a complaint of the Evosport diff.
I have the one w/ LSD. The one w/ all the goodies.
The exact reason I got the Evosport diff and not Dinan I will need to tell you in a PM.
Dumb question, but honestly I don't know how you car can simply sit there with the rear wheels spinning like they did in the videos. Do you have a way to lock up the front brakes only?

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Those are some great videos guys! It makes me want to hire-out the ASR guys for a little trip to Germany. Hey guys, do you have your passports ready?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Those are some great videos guys! It makes me want to hire-out the ASR guys for a little trip to Germany. Hey guys, do you have your passports ready?
Just let us know when your ready. Our passports are always ready since almost 30% of our installs are done in other countries. Thanks for the bump!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts