BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, we are at the edge of our seats.

How did it go?

Video's?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
It was a long night. All the stuff is being put together. There are more stuff to dial in. The car ran strong and sounded awesome.

The motor, SMG, diff and axels all performed great and held up like champs.
Not a single hiccup by the car. The nitrous as designed by ASR Engineering is bullet-proof. We did over 25 runs.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
25 runs with ONE car? :goldcup: Nice to hear an update M5Ranger, you truly have a beast there!

It was a long night. All the stuff is being put together. There are more stuff to dial in. The car ran strong and sounded awesome.

The motor, SMG, diff and axels all performed great and held up like champs.
Not a single hiccup by the car. The nitrous as designed by ASR Engineering is bullet-proof. We did over 25 runs.

·
Registered
836 Posts
That's impressive.
The S85 is truly amazing. In it's F1 form it redlines at 19k RPM and makes >900 HP from 3.0L V10. So what we do with it is a cakewalk.

·
Registered
164 Posts
M5Ranger's car is truly awesome to watch. The car sounds amazing and you can tell the top end pull is incredible. They were dialing in the car and it still ran incredible.

I ran a 12.34 @115.5. My trap speeds were a little low all night but I suspect it has something to do with alignment. (car is pulling to the right a bit)

These cars are amazing it was pretty consistent. Ran the 12.34 three times and a few 12.50's

Thank you Abid (ASR) for hosting a fun night. The snacks were a nice touch!

Can't wait until the next one

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's been 2 days since..what were the times? Where are photos or videos. What happened....share with us.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Abid of ASR Engineering is putting things together for the thread.
It was fun and stressful. Between Abid and myself my "Ranger Machine" made over 25 quarter mile passes. Towards the end I expected to see the diff, axles or the tranny to blow up in pieces. No way the M5 behaved perfectly like a champ. Everything held up. Timing and traction were the only issues.
I still suck in the first first 60 feet but the car makes it up down the track with its power.
I can not say enough about this motor, tranny and diff. The NOS set up as always was perfect and everything ran bullet proof.
Special thanks to Abid and Christian (Chris) for all the prep and we're not finished. Can't wait for the specially designed HRE C20 (18x11) for the rears that fit over my aftermarket Brembo brakes. Then we'll get substancial rear rubber and contact patch and prob. blow the diff (haha).
Here's a little pic from that night, more to flow.
http://picasaweb.google.com/whitneydelgado63/M5BurnoutAtMoroso11708

Cheers guys,
M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Thanks for the info M5Ranger. It's good to know that the tranny
is holding up well. I remember early on when folks were concerned
about how fragile it could be. But given the power you're putting
down it seems like those fears were fairly unwarranted.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Impressive Juan!
It was fun and stressful. Between Abid and myself my "Ranger Machine" made over 25 quarter mile passes. Towards the end I expected to see the diff, axles or the tranny to blow up in pieces. No way the M5 behaved perfectly like a champ. Everything held up. Timing and traction were the only issues.
I still suck in the first first 60 feet but the car makes it up down the track with its power.
I can not say enough about this motor, tranny and diff. The NOS set up as always was perfect and everything ran bullet proof.
Special thanks to Abid and Christian (Chris) for all the prep and we're not finished. Can't wait for the specially designed HRE C20 (18x11) for the rears that fit over my aftermarket Brembo brakes. Then we'll get substancial rear rubber and contact patch and prob. blow the diff (haha).

Cheers guys,
M5Ranger...Juan

·
Banned
481 Posts

Cheers guys,
M5Ranger...Juan
You have a PM...

·
Registered
847 Posts
So Juan, wath was the 60ft, 1/4 time you ran and mph? I'm glad eveything held up well.:M5eyes:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Sorry for chiming in so late guys, I'm still trying to get all the video's together since they were shot by several people. As Juan said, the car held up fantastic. I did over 25 passes and burnouts on motor and on the bottle, and we had no transmission, clutch or diff issues whatsoever. ( By the way, this car has a 3.91 diff from Evosport, way to go Evosport!)
As it stands M5 Ranger has the fastest documented MPH in the 1/4 mile of any E60 M5. We ran a 12.107 @ 123.38mph on motor alone. On the bottle it wasn't too shabby either with a best E.T of 11.652 @ 125.61mph, with a horrible short time (60ft) of 2.009 . Unfortunately, our best NOS pass was done with NOS from third gear up. The track was not prepped well at all, making for horrible track conditions for cars with high power. Not to mention no one had the right size BFG DR's since BFG was not doing any new tire production runs till spring. We were a little over 1" smaller in overall tire diameter, after calculating the rollout formula. Anyone who understands what I'm talking about, knows how much that can affect your tire spin and overalll MPH. We actually tried spraying the car from a dig and it was pointless, running a 12.7 @ 127mph pedalling the car down the track. Our first M5 to hit 11's was pretty much a stock car with 100shot, software, and X-pipe with stock exhaust and 20" wheels, and we also hit the bottle from the second gear up. If you consider all the mods Juan's car has, you can see it's more than capable of running a high 10 second pass. As long as we can get the 60ft down to 1.8 or better, we will definetely hit high 10's. Renting the track again soon once we have the new tires and wheels. Thank's again to Juan for allowing us to demsonstrate what our kits are capable of!

Tried posting vids on Youtube, but some files too big to post. If anyone knows how to edit the vids p.m me and I'll send you the vid file. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6EmBc25RBQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tdg7XZwuEQ (burnout)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRFTJK134yw (burnout)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG-h1LYdMlE
P.S.
Hope you guys like the flames from the exhaust!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Hey Abid I can't wait for the rest of the videos. We sure accumulated a stack of time slips. Seriously towards the end I was getting worried that something was going to go bang! But man what a monster M5. That bad boy took a beating and we kept giving it to him. The seemed to get stronger into the night. This car rocks.

Next month we'll get it dialed just right. I too want to thank you for all your smarts and getting this car to where it is :applause:.
Next month 10.9 sec pass is ours :goldcup:

BTW love the little flames.
:cheers: to all the members ( hey Avery you to can have this)

M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Hey Brian how are you? I tell you it has been a long road since the days I wanted to dump the car because the TB issue. This car is more stout than anything I've ever driven as a street car.
I have to give Abid of ASR Engineering a world of thanks. This guy really knows automotive engineering. He has really sorted my car out and we're not done. The plan is to get into the 10's.
The car does sound savage. I got rid of the Eisenmann exhaust for the ASR custom exhaust system which is unique in design. ASR also has made custom air intakes compatible w/ the nitrous system.

In life there are times when one door closes (TB's) and another door opens (Abid @ ASR). Brian I tell you the NOS is awesome and a blast to drive. The ASR nitrous system is precisely well thought out.

Next month we'll be going back to Moroso w/ the 335 local group. There are some very intensely tuned 335 around here.

Take care,
M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Evosport for building so a great bullet proof diff. The acquisition of their diff was a funny story but wow am I happy it turned out the way it did.
As w/ everything in the car that night it all took a beating due to the # of runs in one night. I was worried for the SMG and the diff. A lot of power was being transmitted all night through these parts. The added traction w/ the power seemed to spell a recipe disaster especially for the diff.
It performed beautifully, Thanks Evosport, Simon hope you see the car videos.

M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Evosport for building so a great bullet proof diff. The acquisition of their diff was a funny story but wow am I happy it turned out the way it did.
As w/ everything in the car that night it all took a beating due to the # of runs in one night. I was worried for the SMG and the diff. A lot of power was being transmitted all night through these parts. The added traction w/ the power seemed to spell a recipe disaster especially for the diff.
It performed beautifully, Thanks Evosport, Simon hope you see the car videos.

M5Ranger...Juan
Which version of the Evosport diff did you go with? In retrospect I
wish I would've went with Evosport instead of Dinan.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Marshall I tell you my decision to get the 3.91 diff was back in Nov '06. Way before any of the "whinning" issues w/ the Dinan diff were posted. I certainly did not know of it. That has never been a complaint of the Evosport diff.
I have the one w/ LSD. The one w/ all the goodies.
The exact reason I got the Evosport diff and not Dinan I will need to tell you in a PM.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts