BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

ASR new CAI, some pics

7K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  mishkinm5 
#1 ·
Hey guys, took a few more pics of the ASR CAI.
I know many members do not like this mod and feel it is questionable.

For performance detail go to ASR's thread with details on the CAI.

My recently dyno'ed on motor 471 rwhp without the nwe CAI's. Could not dyno yet with the CAI.
All I can say is that the car pulls like hell. I love it. Outside you hear the sucking sound but in the car due to the exhaust it is not audible.

For me the car just kicked up another notch in wicked behavior.

Picasa Web Albums - whitney - new CAI#

Hope you enjoy the pics even if you don't like them.
I really like the OEM look in the engine bay.

Ranger

#2 ·
Thanks for the pics. I'll likely be in South Florida again for a week in December, and I might be driving down. If so, if you have time it would be great to meet up again and show off our latest mods. Only this time I want a ride!!! I'll even let you temporarily borrow my Performance Box for free. :grinyes:

#3 ·
Nice!! Did you just have your engine bay detailed. It looks freakin clean :)

#6 ·
boarder 1995 is correct. That day there was only time to do runs on motor and no time to change the bottle. The runs were pre-CAI on the dyno with 93 degrees and 62% humidity (not friendly).
Dyno runs ranged 462 to best of 471 rwhp.
Next week plan to re-dyno with the new CAI.

ssigarto you will love them. They look cool, at least to me. Another point is the car is running a bit cooler by the temp gauge. It's been a couple of hairs over to the left now. I know that is not scientific at all but oh well I kid myself.

The car feels better. It pulls mighty hard.
Also no issues, meaning not a single code, light, CEL or whatever.
I have driven in hard pounding rain not a single gliche.

Thank you Abid :applause: :applause: :applause:. Also a special thanks to Chris at the shop. You hard my friend. I only trust you or Abid to change my bottles :hihi:.

Ranger
btw , noticed I need to redo and update my sig.

Reactions: ssigarto
#5 ·
Without NOS likely - that's what "on motor" typically means.

#7 · (Edited)
Nice pics Ranger. So does the black part visible from the engine bay, does that essentially act as a heat shield? It looks very well made and I like the attention to detail in matching it to the engine cover.

#13 ·
The kit is very well made. I love how he even took the time to even install the brackets for the vacuum lines. Just like factory.

Abid please start making parts for the GTR! I can't wait to see your version of the exhaust. If it looks and sounds half as good as the M5's, I'll be in heaven.

#14 ·
We will hopefully be able to dyno the car on this Friday or the following Monday for overall gains. Not to take anything away from Juan's claims, but the 471whp was from a spike in the dyno graph. Overall the car averaged mid to low 460's to the wheels. I will post the 471whp run and the others along with the final CAI install run once we get back to the dyno.

One thing I did want to mention though was the consistancy of Juan's dyno figures since the nitrous install. With more than 10k miles on the car with the 150shot, over 50 passes down the 1/4 mile, and the endless amount of bottles we've gone through, the car makes more power on motor now than before we did the install over a year ago. This is yet another benchmark in proving the integrity of the factory engine and also how our ASR Tuned Nitrous Package has little to no effect on the wear and tear of those internal parts. The only increased wear and tear, engine wise, is the fact you should change your spark plugs every 10k with the nitrous package. If you do that and keep up your general maintenance you'll have a strong motor for years to come.

#15 ·
Congrat's Juan! I really like the finishing. 471 whp without the CAI, damn that's impressive!!!:eek:oohhh:

Keep us updated with your new dyno results.

#16 ·
I know abid can explain this better but i guess somehow the final peice of the puzzle just transformed this car into a monster. Since the first thing i did to this car to smoothen out the shifts was getting the ecu tune from ASR. after that the exhaust then the nitrious...i had the prototypes (CAI) to test a while back but it never made the car this spin like this. I know this will cause the RPI debate again but i had the scoops and as people who have the new CAI can tell you its not even comparable. Abid had the dyno sheets from the testing. As i was explaining to Juan (M5 Ranger) there is no way to simulate the flow of air this thing sucks in at high speeds. just my 2 cents and i am not bashing RPI the scoops are great and maybe the CAI is not for everyone. The look and the performance is second to none...great job once again Abid dont know what else to say your great at what you do and my car is a prime example.

#17 ·
The ASR CAI is a thing of beauty-I've actually had the pleasure of seing it being intalled on two member M5's, and it is quite an intricate piece of mechanical beauty. Plus, it livens up the engine bay/grill area-especially since the most you see of most modern engines is the plastic intake cover...:M5thumbs:

#18 ·
Aaaaaaaahhhh Ranger!!!,
That CAI intake is a beauty!!! Glad your having fun with it.. She does pull harder than sh!t.. Another part of the monster has been awoken.:M5rev: You gotta get a dyno... I haven't had time. My dyno is killing the Z06's - thats a good enough dyno to me.. :M5thumbs: Killed another Z06 last Sunday. I'll only take half a kill - because it was a chick driving. :hihi: Her plates were Z06 CHK.. We had fun.... she was a whole car length in front of me and she hit it. I hit it and pulled right passed her easily. Now... I know she was stock - her exhaust sounded much quieter than my first kill a few weeks back... When I slowed and she caught me she gave me the thumbs up.. She looked awefully good - I felt bad blowing by her. She was sweeeetttt! :haha: So I am pretty sure my Z06 first kill was modded. This set up is F'ing great!!!!:M5launch::M5launch::M5launch::M5launch::M5launch:

#20 ·
I love the ASR Intake! Ranger, your car is a beast. Can't wait to see the new dyno numbers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.