BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
....and it is dangerously fast! They are amazing and the install went great. I have always had a lot of respect for my baby but now it is -insane-. Will post pics later!

Jim

·
Registered
682 Posts
...and what did they do? NOS?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
JG Money I am happy to read your excitement.
Abid and Chris are the greatest.

Enjoy that new found power carefully. There was already a totalled M5 down here in So. Florida due to not respecting the violent onset of the power.

Now go out and shock a few sportscars.

Do you have any other mods on your car? Did you go with the 100 or 150 shot?
There are some good things coming from ASR (Abid) in the future.

Congrats and good luck
M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
4,813 Posts

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
+2
If so, I think I saw somewhere that it's an automatic setup where the NOS kicks in at like 6500 RPM. Is this true?

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
What a teaser....

Dave

·
Registered
663 Posts
....and it is dangerously fast! They are amazing and the install went great. I have always had a lot of respect for my baby but now it is -insane-. Will post pics later!

Jim
Thanks for the positive comments, they're very much appreciated! I'm glad to see you're happy with the setup!

·
Registered
663 Posts
+2
If so, I think I saw somewhere that it's an automatic setup where the NOS kicks in at like 6500 RPM. Is this true?
It is an automatic setup but it is designed to activate immediately after launch control and shut off just before the rev limiter so you can't damage the engine. Although, you don't necassarily have to be in launch control mode for it to activate. It will still automatically activate based on the rpm window designated.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
This has been discussed before but no problem I love talking about it.
Sorry to those that know this.

The NOS setup is managed by its own ECU program worked out by ASR and installed by Active. This fully handles the nitrous delivery. It is in addition to any other ECU mod you may have. It does not replace it.

The system is designed to spray nitrous everytime you go WOT. The moment you let off it stops spraying. This of course functions when you have the system on and armed ("window switch"). This switch is in the glove box and in the second space in the center console is the digital re-out unit for on/off, bottle pressure, bottle temp and to scroll for other functions.
Now you can have the system on read to deal with those AMG's but as long as you do not go wide open, you drive your M5/M6 on regular motor.

The power surge is truly an addiction and you can not help but smile and the other guy wonder "what happenned"?
:cheers: M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
682 Posts
Im 80% the way to pull the trigger on this system still waiting for another interested buyer who will split the cost to fly ASR in and tune the cars....

Adding headers really is not going to take me to another level for a coulple grand extra I can get over 100rwhp on the flip of the switch issss niiiice! I liiike!! hahahaha

·
Registered
907 Posts
PM Sent

Chris

Im 80% the way to pull the trigger on this system still waiting for another interested buyer who will split the cost to fly ASR in and tune the cars....

Adding headers really is not going to take me to another level for a coulple grand extra I can get over 100rwhp on the flip of the switch issss niiiice! I liiike!! hahahaha

·
Registered
126 Posts
Abid just finished my car also on April 7 and I have to say that it is everything that it is claimed to be. The install was profesional and Abid knows his stuff. Im a new ASR fan and looking foward to anything else he designs.

Thanks again Abid. See ya in Fl. soon.

Have my twin turbo kit ready for me.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
JG, how about meeting up so I can check out your beast? There's a standing meet at Santana Row in San Jose pretty much every Sat morning for all different types of cars and exotics. There's also the EuroSunday meet this Sun in Mountain View. I would love to check out the set up.

·
Registered
464 Posts
JG, how about meeting up so I can check out your beast? There's a standing meet at Santana Row in San Jose pretty much every Sat morning for all different types of cars and exotics. There's also the EuroSunday meet this Sun in Mountain View. I would love to check out the set up.
Who's going to which meet? I'm finally around for a weekend and would like to check it out and see some modded M's and others...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Bring it..Abid...I will see you tommorow night..:haha2:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
LIFESGUD2 are you going to be there Thursday night?
What are you bringing?
If so see you there.

M5Ranger

1 - 20 of 22 Posts