BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
I like the deep rumble better than those other raspy exhausts on the market. Definitely my top 3 best sounding exhausts.Is it louder than e race w/ x pipe? Wonder how it would be in terms of loudiness with just the muffler section...

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think its around the same volume as e-race with x pipe. ASR doesnt sell sections just yet but I think that he said he will be in future (not 100% sure on that). I like this better than any other setup I've heard in person.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Richard great to read you are very happy with the exhaust system. I knew you would but I did have concern about the sound level.
I love this exhaust system. It is like none I've ever experienced.

It is loud but clean and purposeful. IMO it is lightyears better than Eisenmann race. To me that is raspy and annoying.

You need to make a video. We want to hear your beast.
As you have experienced, Abid is a great guy. I am fortunate to have him locally and best of all, a friend.

Congrats and enjoy,

Juan

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I concur with the others above. The ASR defiantely provides the car with a more rumbly- dare I say V8 burble that I have no theard on any other system out there. It is as loud or louder then E-Race but provides such a different tone that doesn't have that raspy/annoying tone frequency that makes others give you dirty looks while cruising past in traffic. I'd hihgly reccomend it for anyone who isnt afraid of the high decibel level of it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Incredible doesn't even come close!

Hello Gentlemen,

I've been waiting patiently for my account to be accepted by a moderator so that I can also share my experience regarding this exhaust. Needless to say, this is my first post.

I was on my way to ActiveAuto last friday when Abid called me. After a brief explanation of the system I decided to stop by his shop instead. Let me start off by saying that Abid is definitely one of the most knowledgeable individuals that I've had the pleasure of meeting. He has a solid understanding of his offerings and indepth knowledge of auto mechanics and engineering. I was very impressed. I got the chance to see the new CAI system being installed on a blue M5 and also heard the ASR Gen II exhaust from a cold start. At first, at a cold start, the system is loud, sounding like a very low/high pitch bass rumble, with no rattles, rasps, or gargles of any kind. Within a minute or two, the sounds settles to a low hum very similar to stock, but just a tad louder. At redline the system sounds like an F1, Ferrari, Lambo, Pagani pick any. I have never been an advocate of exhaust upgrades, and always though they were a complete waste of money, atleast in most cases. (sorry for the rant, I've been thoroughly annoyed by the ricey sound of all of the imports) But I have to say that this system gives the M5 the exotic sound that it's been missing. This is truly an amazing system, with slight bends to limit turbulence, solid stainless beveled fittings, 3.5" pipes for deeper sound, 16 gauge polished stainless, 80 lb weight, with hp and torque gains, and all manufactured in the US. After seeing this system first hand, inspecting the finish and build quality, and speaking to Abid I was sold. I have to agree that there is no other system out there that comes close to this setup in any way. You get the F1 sound, a lighter exhaust, and hp/torque gain. You can't beat the price and you definitely won't be dissapointed with the sound. I can't wait to get mine!!! :1:

Thank you again Abid for showing us your shop and sharing all of the details of this system!

Edwin

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I can tell you, I have been driving high performance cars since 1971 and modding them all. Starting back in 1971 with a Z28 Camaro with Hooker headers and straight pipes.
I have never had people stop next to me on the roads and say to me, "that car sounds incredible".

Ranger

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cant agree more with everyone!! I did my cold start today, in my garage. It was not quite as bad as I thought it would be. Also I pulled up to my office several times yesterday and I was trying to come in undetected and I succeeded. Same thing last night at home and this morning...So as long as you are not hammering the gas pedal I think you can sneak in and out of areas. It is much louder than stock, but not annoyingly so when you want to be respectful of neighbors.

Juan, I will try and work on that video for everyone to see. Next week, I am going for a dyno run with some of the local board members that should be interesting. I will hopefully get a video in before that and definitely during that.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello Gentlemen,

I've been waiting patiently for my account to be accepted by a moderator so that I can also share my experience regarding this exhaust. Needless to say, this is my first post.

I was on my way to ActiveAuto last friday when Abid called me. After a brief explanation of the system I decided to stop by his shop instead. Let me start off by saying that Abid is definitely one of the most knowledgeable individuals that I've had the pleasure of meeting. He has a solid understanding of his offerings and indepth knowledge of auto mechanics and engineering. I was very impressed. I got the chance to see the new CAI system being installed on a blue M5 and also heard the ASR Gen II exhaust from a cold start. At first, at a cold start, the system is loud, sounding like a very low/high pitch bass rumble, with no rattles, rasps, or gargles of any kind. Within a minute or two, the sounds settles to a low hum very similar to stock, but just a tad louder. At redline the system sounds like an F1, Ferrari, Lambo, Pagani pick any. I have never been an advocate of exhaust upgrades, and always though they were a complete waste of money, atleast in most cases. (sorry for the rant, I've been thoroughly annoyed by the ricey sound of all of the imports) But I have to say that this system gives the M5 the exotic sound that it's been missing. This is truly an amazing system, with slight bends to limit turbulence, solid stainless beveled fittings, 3.5" pipes for deeper sound, 16 gauge polished stainless, 80 lb weight, with hp and torque gains, and all manufactured in the US. After seeing this system first hand, inspecting the finish and build quality, and speaking to Abid I was sold. I have to agree that there is no other system out there that comes close to this setup in any way. You get the F1 sound, a lighter exhaust, and hp/torque gain. You can't beat the price and you definitely won't be dissapointed with the sound. I can't wait to get mine!!! :1:

Thank you again Abid for showing us your shop and sharing all of the details of this system!

Edwin
Yea, hopefully next week we will finish the install on my "Blue M5"

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have to agree with all of you. I was there 2 weeks ago and the exhaust sound is INCREDIBLE!

:cheers: to Abid for continuing to engineer outstanding products.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Big Bad - Congrats can't wait to hear. Lets take videos of everything we will have a million posts. Can't wait to compare to the Active which I feel also has that rumble I love it. Big Bad and Noisy. :hihi::applause::biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Jon, cant wait for dyno day!! I am going to attempt to get a vid up before but the way I work...very doubtful!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts