BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well yesterday I took my car to benchmark tuning outside of chicago to get my tubi removed and replaced with ASR gen 3, an evosport pulley, and a viezu tune. We didn't have time to do the evosport pulley cause of some complications (shop owner's wife had the key to the toolbox, it was locked, he couldn't get ahold of her, 3+ hours of waiting but they had some free passes to Melrose Park Indoor Grand Prix so I got to have some fun while waiting). We'll be doing the pulley next saturday.

Anyways, we ran a dyno (mustang) between every part installed and I'm very happy with the gains from the ASR...viezu tune....really good gains of around 15whp throughout the range but not that impressive at peak (about 6whp at the peak but stronger throughout whole power band and it was cheap-ish...$800 installed with dyno time). The AF ratio was actually a bit richer with the new map so I'm gonna see if they can lean it out and we remap again when I go back next saturday. Will post dynos and pics soon.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here's the final dyno. I don't have the one for the steps in between. I'll try to have them email me it monday or just pick it up saturday when I go back for the pulley. This was done on a mustang dyno...you can expect about a 6-8% increase on a dynojet...

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
BTW ASR Gen3 is VERY loud with some noticeable drone. Definitely a lot more offensive than the tubi...not sure how I like this yet, may add in a resonator or something to quiet it down a bit.

Not that it matters much I guess since ASR went tits up...

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
We tried the Viezu tune on many cars here in the UAE and it failed miserably. As you have seen, the AFR was richer and all the cars lost HP on the dyno after the tune.

We now have the Evolve ECU tune on most of the cars in our club here and everyone is happy with the results. My car gained 33 WHP on the dyno after the stage 2 tune.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Eddie, did you have the Tubi runmore version? If so, why did you take it off? I have been shopping for a runmore. If it is, is it for sale?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sorry Eddie. Just realized it was the regular.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just realized this isn't my final dyno graph, this is just after ASR exhaust...before the tune. I'll have to get the final graph when I go back. (Final peak number was 400.9whp).

·
Registered
236 Posts
Looks good, keep it coming! Wanna see the final dyno chart!

Reactions: eddiejb

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got the last dyno done yesterday with the pulley. Surprisingly, the Evosport pulley showed very few gains throughout the entire power curve and only 4 or so HP at the top of the curve. I'll scan/post the dyno graph soon. The evosport pulley may end up being a huge bust to be honest.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
so here's the final dyno graph after getting an evosport pulley installed.

the solid line is with the pulley, the small dashed line is with only exhaust and tune but no pulley, and the wide dashes is totally stock. As you can see the pulley made virtually no difference.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts