BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lasorsa when you mentioned ASR were you referring to a NOS set up or forced induction?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ranger, I'm stepping up to the 150 shot with headers. New intake I believe also, same settup you have, I think.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lasorsa I presume Abid will come up to you for the install. You will be impressed. Abid is brilliant. I give him full reign of my car because I trust him 100%. He will never do anything that could risk your car.
This NOS system is bullet proof. You will love it. I ran a very modded C6 Z06 Vette and on motor he took me but with the nitrous I put 4 car lenghts on him. The guy couldn't believe it.
Best is when you are doing 60 mph and you go WOT man it feels like every deamon from hell was released from your motor and straight to your rear wheels.
When are you getting the system? You have to get rid of the Gruppe M intakes. They do not work with the ASR nitrous system. Abid has designed custom air intakes. The whole system is totally stealth in the engine compartment. I've won bets with guys who think they can find tell tales of the system.
I love when other guys with whom you have an encounter ask, "what the hell do you have in there". Great feeling and a few become pissed.

Good luck and congrats,
M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ranger, yea Im pumped for the setup. Abid is coming 4/6 for the install, intakes, and headers as well. we talked about your car for a few moments and i let him know I was doing the install because of your input. So thanks again for the feedback and cant wait to lay waiste to the unsuspecting feable mortals whom lurk the dark streets. I have a particular white 5.0 mustang in mind with a supercharger for my first victom. LIM5 is next!!!!! LOL...

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW lasorsa the nitrous system is handled by an addition ECU program created by Abid and physical set is done by Active Autowerke. The nitrous delivery is all done through its own software program.
Now my question comes is this going to be compatible with your Dinan software?
I have Active stage II software and Active does the nitrous flash. All the guys down here with ASR set up have Active software.
I recommend you call Abid, probably it's cool because if you've spoken with Abid he would have brought it up.
You have to dyno the car after NOS set up but please make sure you did while Abid is still there. Many guys out there do not know how to dyno the car with nitrous and they will melt your motor. It has already happenned.

·
Registered
126 Posts
We spoke about the ecu and he was confident about dealing with it, dont remember what he said. He lost me with "remove and send me ecu" I will setup for the dyno as well thanks again.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yes, yes, yes, DO NOT put your car on a dyno unless the person operating it is familiar with dynoing Nitrous applications and preferably with Abid standing by. In fact, I would ONLY use an inertia dyno and not an eddy current "loading" dyno unless Abid or someone knowledgeable supervises. Yes, M5Ranger, I had heard that happened. Very unfortunate. Some very unscrupulous dyno operators out there. I have also heard that not only did that happen, but the SAME dyno operators also blew out a rear differential on a 335 by improper loading. On the street and track, there is absolutely nothing to worry about IMO (except the inability to create traction through the first 3 gears) lol as evidenced by Juan's 25+ 1/4 passes on nitrous IN ONE NIGHT! I had the ASR setup on my M5 for 10K miles no problems. And I probably ran through a bottle a week. Good luck. Sorry to threadjack here Junky. Good luck to you also with the Dinan mods. Getting ready for the M6 to go in next week for some Dinan of my own.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am confused because I have no recollection of ever starting this thread.
If I offended someone in the earlier thread by discussing the NOS set up I truly apologize.
I did not begin this thread.
So if I goofed and broke protocol accept my apology.

M5Ranger

·
Registered
637 Posts
No, I think they just do this if something starts to veer off topic and I think my last post was the main reason, but since your post was the first to really discuss the NOS kit, they listed you as the thread starter. I guess that's how it works. No big deal, just more advertising for Abid so he can open ASR shops around the globe. Abid is probably the best guy you could ever have perform work on your car. Hands down. Very professional, very knowledgeable, and very fair.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Amen brother, Abid is the greatest guy. I give him the fullest confidence with my car. The man is so smart regarding our cars.
He so well informed and a genuinely great guy.
He sorted my M5 out when I was ready to throw the car away.

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
I am confused because I have no recollection of ever starting this thread.
If I offended someone in the earlier thread by discussing the NOS set up I truly apologize.
I did not begin this thread.
So if I goofed and broke protocol accept my apology.
If a separate discussion starts to develop within another thread we typically move it into a thread of its own. That allows the original discussion to get back on topic and the new discussion to develop as well.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey mishkinm5 I recommend you call Abid directly at ASR Engineering.
Call (786) 258-0009. He's great guy and will answer all your questions.

Tell him Juan told you to call. Abid will fly to you for the install. Hell he has flown to Dubai to do the NOS setups.

Do not allow anyone else to do a NOS set up on your M5. This system is bullet proof and highly worked out. He has many M5/M6's out there running without a single hiccup in the functioning of the system.

Good luck,
M5Ranger...Juan

1 - 15 of 15 Posts