BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Does anyone know where I can get aspheric mirror glass for the Beast. (the one that eliminates blind spot).

I am used to my previous car that I had aspheric mirror on, and I feel more comfortable if my Beast has similar mirror as well.

TIA.

Regardz,

J Irwan

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hi J;

These are offered directly from BMW overseas, you might be able to get them from your dealer here, or maybe a third party. Sorry I cant help with a point of purchase, but here are the part numbers

MIRROR GLAS HEATED ASPHERICAL LEFT 51162694895 $380.80
MIRROR GLAS HEATED ASPHERICAL RIGHT 51162694896 $380.80

best of luck.

-Audio

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Audioguy said:
Hi J;

These are offered directly from BMW overseas, you might be able to get them from your dealer here, or maybe a third party. Sorry I cant help with a point of purchase, but here are the part numbers

MIRROR GLAS HEATED ASPHERICAL LEFT 51162694895 $380.80
MIRROR GLAS HEATED ASPHERICAL RIGHT 51162694896 $380.80

best of luck.

-Audio

Thanks for the part number..

and Wow I didn't expect its going to be that expensive..... $700 for both mirror...I guess I won't be getting this anytime soon.. :(

Regardz,

J Irwan

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I once quoted these out from Pacific BMW and as I recall, the price was either $200 or $250 PER SIDE. Way too much for me.

I've since learned the proper way to set one's exterior mirrors which by its very nature eliminates blind spots once and for all, and now that I use this method I never have a problem. The way to do it is:

Driver mirror:
Lean your head against the window and adjust the mirror so that you can just barely see the edge of the car's body in the mirror.

Passenger mirror:
Lean your head to the very dead center of the car between the front seats and adjust the mirror so that you can just barely see the edge of the car's body in the mirror.

That's it - your blind spots are gone. Works on just about every cary I have tried it on so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts