1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I saw a Top Gear episode on this- fantastic! The resort is nice too ;)

I would like to know what they did to the engine to get 100bhp more...

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
I will have to do a lot of eating in order to join hiha !

(sorry, I could not resist) Yes- they say membership is expensive, but in this case it has its privileges and rewards too. You can drive any of the cars they keep on hand and they keep F1, and other types... cool stuff!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I think you can go to the resort as a guest w/o being a member. My recollection is something like $1500/day, and yes they have a fantastic collection of cars to drive on their track. It's on my short list of things to do when visiting the g/f in Madrid so I'll remain hopeful about not needing to pony up for a membership.

·
Registered
448 Posts
It's actually a cool €1 million for membership, but that includes one Ascari KZ1 deliverd to your doorstep. Spending a day and a night there will set you back about €7500.. but hey, that inlcudes the chopper ride to and from the airport...:eek:h:

I'll just stick to using the NS and spending the night at a Gastenzimmer.

Gerrit

·
Registered
638 Posts
m5 engine lives on!!

hi all,

did anyone watch top gear last night. apparantly the new ascari sports car has an e39 m5 engine tuned to 500 bhp... anyone know if this is by bmw, opr by ascari, and by supercharging, or do they just tweek the settings and risk greater unreliability.

great to see the engine lives on, 'cos it ain't half good isn't it!!

mohan

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Re: m5 engine lives on!!

mohan said:
hi all,

did anyone watch top gear last night. apparantly the new ascari sports car has an e39 m5 engine tuned to 500 bhp... anyone know if this is by bmw, opr by ascari, and by supercharging, or do they just tweek the settings and risk greater unreliability.

great to see the engine lives on, 'cos it ain't half good isn't it!!

mohan
Thats pretty old info acually, the ascari has been around awhile. The did it them selves.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
151 Posts
Can't believe they've set up a tuning department all by themselves when you can outsource it to an experienced tuning company!

·
Registered
176 Posts
BG said:
Can't believe they've set up a tuning department all by themselves when you can outsource it to an experienced tuning company!
That's the point. Why not? There used to be a big hooplah about people like kelleners getting some (none?) power gains out of the S62, and guess who did? The people who setup their own program. Besides, with the kind of budget they seem to have, they definitely should get something back on their money.

Besides, I'd love to have the money to play in their toy box. Is membership for life, or what? Plus, if it involves an Ascari KZ1, I'm all for it! :viking:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts