BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Style 37's are my favorite BMW wheel by far, they look good on damn near any 5, 6 or 7 series from the 80's to the early 00's (Don't like them on 3's, it's a big car wheel)

I had e38 offset style 37's on my e23 and loved them. I'd run them on the M5 if it didn't make the car look like a 540i.

If I pick up a e39 beater I'll probably get another used set.
Nice! Do you still have the E23? What a classic.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice! Do you still have the E23? What a classic.
So funny story, I actually bought that 745i from the former owner of my M5, @BONDOSPECIAL This past april I bought my M5 w/ cash + said e23 + a bunch of parts, so he ended up getting the 745i back.

The body needed too much on that car (rust + dents), the wiring was also hacked up from a prior owner, it's since been parted out with some stuff sold and some being used to rebuild this car. The full TCD Stage 3 turbo kit w/ Cartech W2A intercooler will be going in, as well as the 5spd Getrag swap and euro M535i 3.07 LSD I had installed on the 745i.

Was a fun car to rip around in with the manual trans + factory turbo and it got a lot of attention anywhere I drove it, but the M5 was more than worth the trade.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Link to wheels

Hey, I wanted to purchase a set of M Pars a square set 18x9 for my M5. I looked on the website you said you got them from but I couldn't find them at all. Any chance you could get me the direct link to them? Thanks!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey, I wanted to purchase a set of M Pars a square set 18x9 for my M5. I looked on the website you said you got them from but I couldn't find them at all. Any chance you could get me the direct link to them? Thanks!
When I ordered my 2 they said there was 20 left in US so hopefully there is at least 4 left for you now. You can also send them a message or chat to verify if they have them in stock.
Here is the direct link:
https://www.bmwpartshub.com/oem-parts/bmw-alloy-rim-forged-h36110-36112229640

·
Registered
162 Posts
Saw an E39 M5 here in town yesterday with M-Pars. While I love M-Pars and thought about a square set of rears for my M5, it looked just a bit wrong to me. I thought it was a 540/M-Sport, and when I stopped to take a look, saw that it was an M5. That is just my opinion and on just one car. The wheels are lighter than the Style 65, which makes it a smart move performance wise.

·
Registered
243 Posts
When I ordered my 2 they said there was 20 left in US so hopefully there is at least 4 left for you now. You can also send them a message or chat to verify if they have them in stock.
Here is the direct link:
https://www.bmwpartshub.com/oem-parts/bmw-alloy-rim-forged-h36110-36112229640
Did you notice any rubbing or fitment issues in the rear if your car has the stock sport suspension, stock fender liners, standard bumper cover, and 265/35/18 tires? I'm asking because the M5 got a different liner and rolled fenders and fitting the wheels to my 540iA is really tempting. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Did you notice any rubbing or fitment issues in the rear if your car has the stock sport suspension, stock fender liners, standard bumper cover, and 265/35/18 tires? I'm asking because the M5 got a different liner and rolled fenders and fitting the wheels to my 540iA is really tempting. Thanks in advance!
As long as you're on stock suspension or Bilstein B6 with stock springs (my setup) the wheels won't rub.
18x9 OEM (not aftermarket ones) M Par wheels with 26535/18 tries are the factory setup that came on 03 M Sport 540 but will fit any E39 M5 as long as you stick with 2 setups mentioned above.
I'm sure some other suspension setups may fit but I have no experience with them.
Obviously, if you go with aftermaket wheels with different offset then there is no guarantees.

·
Registered
743 Posts
So after salivating over this thread and thinking about my options to replace my winter wheels, which are currently some style 5 chinese replicas, I finally decided on what to do..

I have a friend who runs M Parallel's on his E39 530i and I didn't want to be the same, so I started looking hard at Style 32's. ECS, Turner and Tischer all had them in stock, but only the 18 x 9's, and it appears that they would fit the M5 ok, but Tischer would not guarantee as they can only guarantee an OE setup according to the catalogue.

I went outside and measured clearance to front strut and fender and think I will be OK with a few mm to spare close to the strut. If I am not ok, I can fix this with a small spacer, no problem. Found a website that calculates fitment and going from the stock Style 65 18 x 8 front ET 22 to the Style 32 18 x 9 ET24, I'd be getting the following results:

* Wheel will be 17mm closer to strut, tire will be 14mm closer
* Wheel will be 9mm closer to the fender, tire will be 6mm closer to fender

Order placed, going to take some time as they are coming directly from Germany. Approx $1200 shipped, out the door to my home, Excited!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So after salivating over this thread and thinking about my options to replace my winter wheels, which are currently some style 5 chinese replicas, I finally decided on what to do..

I have a friend who runs M Parallel's on his E39 530i and I didn't want to be the same, so I started looking hard at Style 32's. ECS, Turner and Tischer all had them in stock, but only the 18 x 9's, and it appears that they would fit the M5 ok, but Tischer would not guarantee as they can only guarantee an OE setup according to the catalogue.

I went outside and measured clearance to front strut and fender and think I will be OK with a few mm to spare close to the strut. If I am not ok, I can fix this with a small spacer, no problem. Found a website that calculates fitment and going from the stock Style 65 18 x 8 front ET 22 to the Style 32 18 x 9 ET24, I'd be getting the following results:

Order placed, going to take some time as they are coming directly from Germany. Approx $1200 shipped, out the door to my home, Excited!!!
Great choice! I bought a brand new set some years ago when I had 540. I ran factory setup 18x8 and 18x9. They look so classy on E39 in 18" size. Few pictures of my car when I had it, post #8
https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2269792-Resurrectiing-Style-32-s

·
Registered
26 Posts

It's a hard choice between Style 5, 32, 37, and 65. They're all such great designs.

Looking forward to seeing your car on 32's once they arrive.

·
Registered
12,776 Posts

The stock rear 9.5's with ET of 22 (from memory) use a 3mm spacer to get a net of 19mm when used on the front. With about 6mm less on both sides of the centerline, (1/2 half inch divided by 2 or about 6 1/4 mm) the 9 inch should fit even with the higher offset. If not, you can always add a 3mm spacer.

Nice deal on a brand new set of 4!! Make sure to post up some pics when installed.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
743 Posts
Clearance to strut in front is close

These will be my winter set so they got Pirelli Cinturato Strada Sport all seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,891 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
^^^dayyyyummm nice polish!!!

I put the 32’s on and somehow no rubbing up front! I will roll for a week and see how it goes..

Mad gap in the front but I think I’m done with the low life so she will stay like this for now. Car looks more “classy” on the 32’s and much more “sporty” on the 65’s, kinda changes up the look of the car entirely, but I love it. Car feels more planted with the 9’s up front now, so solid and such a perfect roll...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Car looks terrific!!!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
You are killing me! Now I am searching around for wheels. Where did you purchase the wheels? Looks like ECS is $334 each, plus they beat me up for 10% sales tax. So $1469 for me.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts