BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all let me admit, I'm a new wheels addict.
Sure, there are deals on used wheels out there but there is something magic for me when opening the box. Also, I can always (and did few times) sell them for top money as I can prove to buyer that I bought them new and they got cleaned only with top of the line Sonax wheel cleaner.
Another issue (at least to me) with used wheels is you never truly know their condition til you take them to shop to check for out of roundness.
They can look fine cosmetically but the can be bent just enough for not to be noticeable or have internal structural cracks.

So, I wanted brand new staggered Forged style 37's and found out that there were 20 18x9's avalaible in US and 0 of 18x8's. I bought the 18x9's which actually arrived today and confirmed that Fuchs was making another batch of 18x8 as we speak and available sometime in March.
I have a feeling they won't make any more because how many maniacs are out there like me who buy them new, lol.
They will go on my DD 528 as I got bored with staggered style 17x9 and 17x8 style 32's (made by BBS) which were also bought new. This should confirm to you that I do indeed have new wheels addiction in case you doubt it, lol.

·
Registered
76 Posts

Sure, there are deals on used wheels out there but there is something magic for me when opening the box. Also, I can always (and did few times) sell them for top money as I can prove to buyer that I bought them new and they got cleaned only with top of the line Sonax wheel cleaner.

Another issue (at least to me) with used wheels is you never truly know their condition til you take them to shop to check for out of roundness.

They can look fine cosmetically but the can be bent just enough for not to be noticeable or have internal structural cracks.

So, I wanted brand new staggered Forged style 37's and found out that there were 20 18x9's avalaible in US and 0 of 18x8's. I bought the 18x9's which actually arrived today and confirmed that Fuchs was making another batch of 18x8 as we speak and available sometime in March.

I have a feeling they won't make any more because how many maniacs are out there like me who buy them new, lol.

They will go on my DD 528 as I got bored with staggered style 17x9 and 17x8 style 32's (made by BBS) which were also bought new. This should confirm to you that I do indeed have new wheels addiction in case you doubt it, lol.

How much did the style 37's set you back if I may ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wheels can make the car, so I think you are doing a smart thing. I am almost tempted to pull the trigger on 4 of these and use them on my M5

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

How much did the style 37's set you back if I may ask?

$836 for rears, $785 for front. Both prices include shipping. Total $1621

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wheels can make the car, so I think you are doing a smart thing. I am almost tempted to pull the trigger on 4 of these and use them on my M5
I sold my 540 with those same wheels and promised myself this time if I sell 528, these are staying. They are so light!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
522 Posts
The sickness is real, and I fully support it. :) Another benefit of brand new wheels is you can apply a ceramic coating on them from the start and keep them fresh for a long time. It's nice not needing any prep time.

Fortunately I'm a huge fan of the Style 65s and ever since refinishing them, I enjoy them a lot more so they'll be staying put.

I'm thinking about possible new wheels for the Cayman I just picked up and would love a new set of BBS CH-Rs...but don't think I can justify the cost.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The sickness is real, and I fully support it. :) Another benefit of brand new wheels is you can apply a ceramic coating on them from the start and keep them fresh for a long time. It's nice not needing any prep time.

Fortunately I'm a huge fan of the Style 65s and ever since refinishing them, I enjoy them a lot more so they'll be staying put.

I'm thinking about possible new wheels for the Cayman I just picked up and would love a new set of BBS CH-Rs...but don't think I can justify the cost.
I got new BBS'a for Audi I sold from this place and they had the best prices on wheels.
https://emnotek.com/products/bbs-ch-r-brilliant-silver-wheel-18x8-5-5x112-38mm

·
Registered
159 Posts
Style 37's are my favorite BMW wheel by far, they look good on damn near any 5, 6 or 7 series from the 80's to the early 00's (Don't like them on 3's, it's a big car wheel)

I had e38 offset style 37's on my e23 and loved them. I'd run them on the M5 if it didn't make the car look like a 540i.

If I pick up a e39 beater I'll probably get another used set.

·
Registered
692 Posts
This thread has some nice candy..

I love M Parallels for the look, the lip, and the fact that they are forged.

Amazing price on a timeless wheel. 18x9’s square setup is killer!

I see the dragonfly on the white 528... :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
18 Participants
Trizzuth
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing