BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Company Representative for Becks Imports LLC
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most of you that know me know that I would always post and tell people "Get in while the gettin's good, because pretty soon they will just say they no longer are willing to cover these cars."

Well, that day came at 8AM this morning. Although I had already decided to part ways with NAC, this was a complete surprise and there was no pre-announcement. Strangely enough, they are still covering the M6!!

To those of you that got their warranties recently, consider yourselves lucky! To everyone that was going to contact me to purchase this weekend, sorry about that, there's nothing I can do.

I am working on signing a very good company in the next 7-10 days that will offer coverage. In the meantime I have Fidelity, a great company but kind of expensive if your car has higher miles.

Feel free to call or email at any time.

Bruce
Becks Imports
856-912-2600
[email protected]

·
Registered
526 Posts
Man. That's a shame. I've been quite pleased with NAC's service and was happy to recommend them to other owners. Oh well, I'm glad I got in when the getting was good.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I hope this doesn't mean that NAC is going to become more stingy when it comes to covering issues for us that have their warranties. Why did you decide to part ways with NAC, Bruce?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I was so bummed about this! I was on the phone with Bruce getting ready to write a contract when he found out...so my search continues. I appreciate Bruce's knowledge regarding the warranty business. It has been very enlightening if not frustrating.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Does this company have anything to do with Coverage One in Canada because I was told Coverage One was affiliated with a Amercian company, I hope its not NAC :0

·
Registered
114 Posts
I prolly had something to do with this. They are on the hook for almost 20k. Still don't have my car back and it's been 2 months.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I prolly had something to do with this. They are on the hook for almost 20k. Still don't have my car back and it's been 2 months.
Wow.. I would have blown up by now, seriously lol. More strength to ya!

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Bruce I just got an email from EasyCare asking me to extend my warranty as it expires in June......what do you think the cost will be when I call to inquire about this?

Shame about NAC as that is one I was looking at.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Bruce I just got an email from EasyCare asking me to extend my warranty as it expires in June......what do you think the cost will be when I call to inquire about this?

Shame about NAC as that is one I was looking at.
ACG,

Out of curiosity with all your modifications has your warranty company given you any trouble when it comes to a claim?

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
ACG,

Out of curiosity with all your modifications has your warranty company given you any trouble when it comes to a claim?
Nope as long as the issue has nothing to do with my mods they have covered the last to fixes, throttle actuator and TCU.

·
Company Representative for Becks Imports LLC
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
To answer a few questions:

1. This does not affect current contracts already in force. And their claims handling does not really matter as far as what car you have.

2. I left because they were raising prices on these cars, did not want them anymore, I knew they'd kill eligibility eventually (although not this fast!), and they did not want me since all I did was write high-risk cars. So it was kind of mutual. I left before they fired me!

3. Variable, believe it or not this decision does have something to do with you. Your car's claim was mentioned several times in the overall discussion about killing the M5 from eligibility. In a nutshell, they probably had 100 M5/M6's covered since 2006. In the last year I wrote over 100 M5/M6's, and the claims as we all know can be horrendous. So the car popped onto everyone's radar screen at NAC because of all of us here! Oops.

4. If I am able to offer coverage from a new company for the M5, it will be exclusionary. I would not bother offering it otherwise.

5. If EasyCare can extend your plan, let me know the term and price, I'll give you my opinion. I am astounded they have not just voided your coverage with those mods. Watch out, it can happen at any time.

Bruce

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks Bruce. I was going to pull the trigger this morning, but I guess I'll wait a week to see how your new options pan out. For those thinking about working with Bruce, he has patiently and intelligently responded to every one of my requests. I appreciate the candidness and responsiveness. I wish I could have rewarded him in the end for the effort, but hopefully we'll work something out in the future.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I want to say that Bruce was the same person that I worked with for my Audi A8L warranty (I didn't follow thru because the car sold). But he was GREAT and everyone on that forum also depended and trusted him. Here's to other options for the warranty companies thru Bruce!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think this puts the nail in the coffin for me. I have ~10 months left on my CPO warranty. I think the options for extended warranties are only going to get much less and much more expensive. I think it's time to move to the F10 550i (Dinan Stg 2!). Once the new M5 is tried and tested I might come back...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bruce - any update on a new provider? I'm sure I am not the only one back in the market for an extended warranty, wondered what companies your offering now (if you have a replacement) and how they stack up against the NAC warranty.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts