BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting in traffic (which you tend to do a lot of in London!) and it decided to stall on me. Just in P400 mode, S4 and in 1st gear.

I have noticed that since the software upgrade last week that the idle has been hunting - but it does it randomly. And today it just must have idled too low and decided to stop. Started again no problems - but it really isn't very comforting!!

Now I have to get it back to service, yet again! :(

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Not good at all - I'd get your dealer to check the fuel pump & fuel filter whilst the car is in.

I used to put the car in neutral at red lights but the car spent so much time waiting to engage when I put it back in gear that I simply leave it in 1 with the handbrake on these days.

More SMGIII stupidity grrrrrrr

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
This happened to me when I first got my car last november. It hasn't happened since so it might not be a big deal. I would only worry if it happens again.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
There's only one solution to this; warp speed! It guarantees no idling which equals no stalling ;)

"Sorry Mr. Officer, I know I was driving too fast, but if I drive any slower my car will stall. M powered you know..."

·
Registered
283 Posts
this is only somewhat related, but lately the tranny in this car is really statin' to piss me off! clunk, bang, click, thump, clunk, clunk, bang, bang... you all know what im talking about...
I mean, I LOVE this car, but its biggest downfall is SMGIII, amazing on the track, but anoying 95% of time.

sorry to hear about the stalling issue, let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've had the rough idling problem with the smg for quite sometime now, but dealer couldn't find anything worng with it. I've even tried to shift it to N to see if its the clutch trying to engage, but had no luck with that.
Car has been with the dealer for more than a week now waiting for a new gear box, and meanwhile, although the 325ci doesn't have the power the M5 has, it sure handles great with the M pack.

·
Registered
679 Posts
dude thats bad.. the same day that happened too me, my tranny blew...this car is a so problimatic, Im in the middle of trying to get a refund on this lemon that I bought. the car was in the shop over 60 days.. during the past 8 months.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Did you ever work out the Stalling and Rough Idle issue 4Rotor?
My 2005 is doing the same thing.

Cheers

Haydn
Please don't pull 13-year-old threads out of obscurity.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Did you ever work out the Stalling and Rough Idle issue 4Rotor?
My 2005 is doing the same thing.

Cheers

Haydn
My word...open a new discussion with your issue and include codes, chances are it has nothing to do with the smg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts