BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. have been trying to remove and replace the grab handle (black coated piece) in the armrest for a new one. i've been unsuccessful so far. any tips or ideas how to proceed further? thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
After 7 years my handle is fairly worn with scratches, so I'm about to replace mine, too. If you can't find it at the dealer, you can order one like I did from bimmernav.com. $18. I think (hope) that the part is the same for both the US and Euro armrests. I have the Euro one in mine.

As for replacing it, I'm guessing that after you remove the armrest, you will need to pry open the two plugs underneath the armrest near the handle to expose the T20 torx screws.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
you have to removing the sliding portion of the arm rest... then the piece just falls out...
You sure? That's not what happened when I removed my U.S. armrest to replace it with a Euro one. The handle is held solidly in, even after removing the U.S. armrest from the car.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Iconoclast, thanks for posting the pics. I guess I'll have to take mine apart to see.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts