BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there has been a forum topic on the armrest falling down under braking a while back, and how some members fixed the problem..

among others, velcro patches seemed alright...

can't for the life of me find the topic though...

------------------
ho nuovi calzini su!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
The arm rest on my split-fold-down rear seat (with integral ski-bag) keeps falling down when I brake!

Anyone else have this problem?

...I might just have to go ahead and add some double-back velcro inside to keep the thing up!

·
Registered
101 Posts
FWIW, mine does this as well once in awhile. My 3 year old uses it as a seat, and I am hoping it falls down as a result of her not returning it to its full upright position.

Steve

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I drive with the windows down, sunrof open, and at high speeds, so i know the armrest pops down and the leather tab behind it comes flapping out too. I simply put the armrest up, then belt the middle seatbelt tight across it. Does the trick just fine, even at 120.

--Dan

·
Registered
765 Posts
I just prefer to drive with backrest down, as i have more than 4 people in the car very rarely, so no problem there.
however powerful M5 is i haven't experienced yet the problem of the armrest flipping back up under heavy acceleration
anyone with a problem like that? lol

------------------
SL

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks Dan! I like your idea about "tie'ing-in" the arm-rest with the middle seatbelt! It works! ...but don't you think that BMW should do something to improve the latching mechanism?... 8P
Originally posted by bobafett:
...I simply put the armrest up, then belt the middle seatbelt tight across it. Does the trick just fine, even at 120.
--Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts