BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Bought M5 new?

• Yes, I bought it new and still own it.

Votes: 18 19.6%
  • I am owner number 2.

Votes: 45 48.9%
  • I am owner number 3.

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • Auction or used car lot M5. Who knows???

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Not I.

Owner #3 on mine purchased 10/07 with 20,700 mi. cherrsagai

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Im the 2nd owner got it from dealer with 18,000 miles in 2002

·
10,456 Posts
second owner, bought summer of 03, still under factory warranty, then cpo, at 38k miles. 99600 now. never have had a car keep my interest as long as this one.

·
Registered
723 Posts
second owner, bought from someone who used to work for me. He only got to put 27K miles on it before I managed to wrangle it out of his hands almost 3 years ago now. Still love the car as much as the first day I drove it. Plan to keep it indefinitely.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Nice to see some original owners still around! :thumbsup:

I'm owner #2 of blackie.. nice to still be in touch with owner #1! (we PM frequently :))

Dave

·
Registered
931 Posts
Bought new, still own it and love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Plan to keep it indefinitely.
don't we all. i wish that were the case, i'd hate to have to get rid of mine, but life happens: accidents, kids, jobs, whatever.

that said, i'm the second owner of mine , purchased 10/2006 with 36k on the clock, enjoying every minute of her!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm the 4th owner of my car. The first three all owned it less than a year each. It took me about a year to fix all the issues that showed up with the car (after the PPI ok'd it).

However, now that it is all fixed and running silky smooth I'd have a hard time wanting to get rid of it unless someone wants to offer me an enormous sum of money.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Owner #5, Clean carfax and purchased from a BMW dealership so none of the poll options apply to me. Car was just a few miles past certified-preowned, previous owner traded her in for a black e60 M5...his loss ;)

·
Registered
962 Posts
#2, purchased fall '03 with 6K miles (now at 60K+ and climbing)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Owner #2 - bought Feb 06 with 24k miles.

·
Registered
804 Posts
2nd owner here, but been around the car since 2000. The previous owner is my best friend and was around for most of the miles and upgrades.:2:

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Now, do any of those owners include 1st owners who sold their beast and are now 2nd/3rd owners of their new beast?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Original owner...ordered Jan. of 1999...she was born June 2000 and she passed violently on Dec. 9th 2007:crying2:....and I STILL OWN HER!!!...LOL
did an owner retain with the insurance company...could not bear to part with her....though that is what I am doing exactly now...parting her..LOL
S

1 - 20 of 32 Posts