BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all: I have been searching around but can't seem to find any equal length headers available for the E60 M5. Can anyone point me to a manufacturer or share their personal experience if you happen to have a set?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I believe the Evolve long tubular headers come pretty darn close to being equal length.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
The headers that come with the S85 are equal length. No need to change them. Just gut the cats

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
This is true. Stock headers are equal length and you can release a good amount of power by getting rid of the primary cats.

T

·
0 Posts
Evolve headers with tune and intake is a nce setup.

At last we agree on something my friend.

I think the headers that the tubulars evolve offers are the best headers available for the S85 since they are made by supersprint. However, the difference in power from them to the stock decat header is so minimal that I personally don't think it is worth it financially for the hp gains so I have ceramic coated stock decat headers on all my personal cars. This is $300 as opposed to $4500(?).

Call me cheap but that is how I feel. If you have the most money and want the best there is to offer, then the evolve tubulars are the way to go. I don't think there is an disputing that.

I know I would tell anyone to stay away from agency headers because they make the S85 sound like a viper. Unless someone is looking for that ;-). I am more of a Z06 guy than a viper fan....muhaha

·
Registered
263 Posts
i have the agency headers with cats. It has given the car a growl mixed with the note that to me is still pleasant and not trucky like the Viper. I still have my original cross pipe and Dinan cans.

If you are looking for performance, gut the cats or get headers without cats. headers will change the exhaust note a bit. The installation of the Agency was very difficult according to my installer, due to hole locations and accessibility. it is still a beautiful piece otherwise.

T

·
0 Posts
I can attest to this. The agency are incredibly difficult to change while in the car.

They are beautiful as well, I just don't prefer the sound they produce.

If you look at one of my
Posts on my Jeuprx-8 account, way back in the day I was one of the first people to do the oem de-cat mod. That is when I switched them out initially

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
i have the agency headers with cats. It has given the car a growl mixed with the note that to me is still pleasant and not trucky like the Viper. I still have my original cross pipe and Dinan cans.

If you are looking for performance, gut the cats or get headers without cats. headers will change the exhaust note a bit. The installation of the Agency was very difficult according to my installer, due to hole locations and accessibility. it is still a beautiful piece otherwise.
All depends on what headers you install this does not apply to every header setup. If you go with RPi/Evolve Type-R/RMS/de-cat stock headers the sound will be the same as stock, just louder and possibly more rasp depending on the remaining sections 1-3.

Agency Power headers leave more power on the table their design isn't the most efficient and your installer is correct regarding install. Install on all long tube headers are a pain because you can't see the studs due to the piping.

The Evolve Tubular headers affect the exhaust note the least out of all the tube options (Meisterchaft, Agency Power, Supersprint, etc).

I can attest to this. The agency are incredibly difficult to change while in the car.

They are beautiful as well, I just don't prefer the sound they produce.

If you look at one of my
Posts on my Jeuprx-8 account, way back in the day I was one of the first people to do the oem de-cat mod. That is when I switched them out initially

I agree on the sound my buddy had the cats go bad on his M5 so he bought some Agency Power headers because they gave him a good deal with their valve exhaust and he hates the way it sounds. He was so mad I was like dude I told you so lol..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts