BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see tons of bimmer clubs of all flavors but no "Alpina specific clubs" in North America....I think it would be cool to have a US/Canadian Alpina meet....as well as a listing of all interested US Alpina cars and owners...I know there are a bunch of them here..

Does anyone know of any clubs here in the states or Canada?

david

·
Registered
19 Posts
David,

There arent any specific U.S Alpina clubs or meets however the Alpina-Gemeinschaft Club from germany has U.S members I have been told by David Baine their U.S contact, and live here in California. He has suggested that myself and other U.S enthusiast join, but I have not yet but likely will I think its like $35/year. http://www.alpina-gemeinschaft.de/english/UntitledFrameset-e.htm
He also mentioned a possible meet here in Californa this May I think although with you being in Georgia thats probably out of the question but perhaps Dave will chime in soon, as I know he has talked of a big U.S meet before.
Cheers, Sean

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi Sean, Dave

Dave, there are no Alpina Clubs here in the U.S.A. and I am sure you can see why, Not many owners.

As sean was saying about a Alpina Meet here in San Francisco is true but for the past 4 Months I have been very busy and had no time to get things together. After Next week my time will open up once again and I will try to get the ball moving for the meet in Palo Alto.

If any news comes to life on this I will post it !

Since B8 Guru is also here in San Francisco this could be a perfect time for the meet.

If any of you are Alpina owners in the bay area and you are interested in a get together just reply here. I am trying to link it with Another BMW event on the same day.

thank you

Dave

·
Moderator Emeritus
907 Posts
owner here!

I like this idea!

I have a couple of Alpina's and I live in the Northeast.

Most owners of Alpinas (that I know of) - enjoy cherishing the cars themselves (not to sound snobby or anything).....I think this is what makes the european alpina owners meetings very interesting.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Re: owner here!

alpinadvl said:
I like this idea!

I have a couple of Alpina's and I live in the Northeast.

Most owners of Alpinas (that I know of) - enjoy cherishing the cars themselves (not to sound snobby or anything).....I think this is what makes the european alpina owners meetings very interesting.

Hi Alf,

What are your current Alpina's ?
B12?
any of them in the USA ?
Also will you be going to the Buchloe Meet ?
Looks like i will be heading their with B8 guru.
Also known as K.K.G. :hihi:

Dave

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Good info guys thanks.

How many Alpina's do you all think are here in US/Canada? I would assume probably 30-45 or more. I realize a lot of these are in private collections but if this is a close number wouldn't it make since to maybe start a NAmerican (US & Canadian) Alpina centric club?

What are your opinions on this? :M5launch:

Alf that is one cool TT btw....what are the 2 Alpina's that you have?

David

·
Moderator Emeritus
907 Posts
GaAlpinaowner said:
Good info guys thanks.
Alf that is one cool TT btw....what are the 2 Alpina's that you have?

David

thanks for the compliments.

as for the alpinas....just see my gallery in the bmwm5.com gallery section.

<< click here >>

·
Registered
2,716 Posts

alpina said:
Looks like i will be heading their with B8 guru.
Also known as K.K.G. :hihi:

Dave
Just call me Michael. Heck, it is not my fault that you can't get Krispy Kreme in Europe :D

On a more serious note, I think this years Alpina meeting will go down in the history books as the largest one so far. The amount of interest we have from the US, Japan, UK, Scandinavia, Southern Europe etc. is just enormous.

·
Moderator Emeritus
907 Posts

B8 Guru said:
.....I think this years Alpina meeting will go down in the history books as the largest one so far. The amount of interest we have from the US, Japan, UK, Scandinavia, Southern Europe etc. is just enormous.

Michael,

Do you have any idea if there are any b12 coupes or b12 5.7 coupes going to the meeting?

(I started tossing the idea of shipping my car to the meeting)

--> Any way to find out from the Alpina forum?

·
Registered
2,716 Posts

alpinadvl said:
Michael,

Do you have any idea if there are any b12 coupes or b12 5.7 coupes going to the meeting?

(I started tossing the idea of shipping my car to the meeting)

--> Any way to find out from the Alpina forum?

Erik will be bringing his fathers beautiful B12 5.7 and I am sure there will be more! Chris P. from SF is shipping his E21 B6 2.8 over for the meet and he and I will make a vacation out of it, visiting interesting car manufacturers and tuners in Southern Germany and Northern Italy. I will most likely bring my B8 4.6 Cabrio if the weather is nice, or my B8 4.6 Touring if it looks like rain.

There is really no way to find out which cars will attend more than one month in advance as many locals (from a 300km radius or so) usually decide to attend last minute. I think you will see almost every Alpina ever made present at this meeting.

I think you should go for it Alf! :cheers:

Michael

·
Registered
2,716 Posts

Gustav said:
Have you started eating doughnuts Michael ;)
Haha, you make it sound like a bad habit! :)

No, not really, but once every third month or so I hear a voice in my head that commands me to drive to the next Krispy Kreme shop and buy half a dozen of the original glazed ones :) One of the first evenings Dave and Chris were visiting me in SF, I had just bought some, hence the name Krispy Kreme Guru stuck to me for a few months over here :) They are lethal but once in a blue moon they are good :)

·
Registered
370 Posts

B8 Guru said:
Haha, you make it sound like a bad habit! :)

No, not really, but once every third month or so I hear a voice in my head that commands me to drive to the next Krispy Kreme shop and buy half a dozen of the original glazed ones :) One of the first evenings Dave and Chris were visiting me in SF, I had just bought some, hence the name Krispy Kreme Guru stuck to me for a few months over here :) They are lethal but once in a blue moon they are good :)

Hello you all :) let me clarify a few things on K.K.G ( krispey Kreme Guru ) and as we all know this guy as B8 guru !

Yes Michael hears little things in his head, often !
and it aint no drive to the next Krispey Kream shop. :1:

I think the Man owns Stock in the Company. :)

I head that there might be Krispey Kream opening in Germany soon ?
some where near Flensburgh or Munich. that is the Rumor. :byebye:

:viking: danish.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts