BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All of you who have the Dinan Exhaust... are my tips too far out? Should I bring them in a little? Here are pics I took with my cell... the tips are at its hottest temp when I took those pics so they do go in about 1 inch when cold.... But it wont go out any further than that... Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
637 Posts
That is very close to how mine looked as well. If that is at high temp and they go back about 1" when cool, I would leave them as is. You wouldn't want to tuck them too far under the apron, or at least I would not.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
That is very close to how mine looked as well. If that is at high temp and they go back about 1" when cool, I would leave them as is. You wouldn't want to tuck them too far under the apron, or at least I would not.
+1, I agree. If they truly recede an inch or so, I would leave them as is. Reason being, when the car is parked and cold, you don't want the tips too far under...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Looks good.

By the way, hope you've modded the fugly side reflectors. I did within a week of getting her

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok... will take pics when cold and post them.... thanks guys!!

·
Registered
4,404 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
How about we let your beast retain some dignity? How would you like it if your M5 came on this site posting about what happened to your tip when it is cold outside?? :hihi:

·
Registered
836 Posts
How about we let your beast retain some dignity? How would you like it if your M5 came on this site posting about what happened to your tip when it is cold outside?? :hihi:
ROTFL
shrinkage, gotta hate it!

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Now this is a great post. Finally some outside opinions to add to our own views Bernie. Those pics make it look like its out more then I remember, but again, I guess they were very hot. A half inch cut off may be the answer, the question is where do we get it from, *haha*?

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
hacksaw time..........or not.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Keep in mind that I am Jewish, so we need to adjust for the circumcision. :3:
Thank you for putting that picture in my head Andrew:eek:

Update: I just had member TCM bring them in about 1/2 inch.... looks much better!! Thank TC!!!!:cheers:\

Pics to follow---------->

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Tim is the balls

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TCM took my tips in 1 inch.... looks perfect now!!!! Thanks TC!!!:thumbsup:

The pics where taken in order... cold ---> warm ----> hot

Attachments