BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am looking into buying a 2001-2002 M5. Coming from a E46 M3 that had many problems, always going into the dealership for repairs (belts, tensioners, differential, etc.. things just not working) How does the M5 compare? I heard the M5 is more of a daily driver which I need.

What else do I need to know about the M5 before I purchase it? Any particular year? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

-John

·
Registered
131 Posts
There are commons problems with the VANOS gear but so long as you get one with a warranty you should be ok. Also check for clutch wear, as M5's have a habit of cooking their clutches. And as i've just found out, thats not a warranty covered part.

Rated///M said:
Hi, I am looking into buying a 2001-2002 M5. Coming from a E46 M3 that had many problems, always going into the dealership for repairs (belts, tensioners, differential, etc.. things just not working) How does the M5 compare? I heard the M5 is more of a daily driver which I need.

What else do I need to know about the M5 before I purchase it? Any particular year? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

-John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts